Fifteen+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song------------}

Fifteen+

“What’s—“

“They’re coming.” Edgar says cutting Tyler off, eyes still trained on the piece of paper in his hands, “And there’s little left for us to do now.”

Tyler rolls his eyes and snatches the paper out of Edgar’s grasp; “Aren’t you being a bit dramatic. It just says they’ll come here since Shosh didn’t come to them. They probably want to see what all the buzz is about.”

Edgar glares at him as I sink onto the piano bench with my hand over my mouth. This can’t be happening. Could this really be as serious as Edgar suggests? Could we really be in really physical danger that could result in ultimate…death? Could I really lose Edgar after I just found him?

Could this really be the end?

Jane’s scent alerts me to her presence beside me on the bench as she wraps her arms around me. She’s so petite that we probably look silly as she cuddles me into her so my head is on her shoulder but I wouldn’t change it. This is as comforting as anything is going to get right at the moment as she runs her hand over my hair.

“Gryphon will take her from me.” Edgar hisses at him, “Imagine it was Jane being sought after. Would you be so cavalier about it then?”

Tyler growls lowly “Don’t even start that shit.”

“Then do not speak to me like I’m some overprotective buffoon!”

Jane kissing my forehead before pulling my arms from her middle so she can stand between the two very tense men. I’ll give her this; the woman has some serious balls standing between those two. I sure as hell wouldn’t do it considering the serious fire spitting their doing with their glares.

“Enough of this.” She snaps pushing Tyler back with her hands on his chest making him stop the staring contest with Edgar, “If this is a serious threat then we need to find a way to handle this properly not snapping at each other’s necks.”

Tyler looked down at her with searing brown eyes before sighing, “Your right.”

Jane grins up at him, “I usually am. Now are you calm?”

“Yeah.”

“Good.” She nods before looking over her shoulder at Edgar, “You?”

Edgar’s tense back, which was towards me forcibly relaxed, “Perfectly.”

“Spectacular.” Jane chirps, “Now, go calm down your girl before she has a panic attack over there.”

Edgar’s head snaps to the side to look at me and I do not disappoint. My breathing is rapid, my mouth exhaling deeply and on hand on my stomach as I fight the feeling of needing to vomit. This is nerve wracking and with someone as full of nerves as I am it’s a bit overwhelming to have all this tension swirling around me. Edgar kneels before me before caresses my cheek and the reaction is immediate. My breathing slows and the need to vomit dissipates pretty quickly.

“Better?” He asks softly.

I nod and give him a small smile, “Always.”

His thumbs runs across my cheekbone for a few moments before he lays a light kiss on the tip of my nose before getting up. Sitting next to me on the piano bench he lefts me onto his lap and puts one of his hand up the back of my shirt, making me shiver, while the other grips my thigh. Inhaling my scent his body relaxes a bit before he lifts his head to address Jane and Tyler.