Seventeen+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song------------}

Seventeen+

“Y-You can’t do that.” I stutter at him.

He can’t ask me to do this. He can’t ask me to do the one thing that Edgar told me was equivalent to murder. He can’t ask me to break my blood bond. He can’t! I don’t realize I’m shaking my head as well as my whole body until Master Gryphon takes it in his hands as he peers down at me with those black soulless eyes.

“I can because it is in my power to.” He says gripping my head tighter, “My mate was stolen from me. Ripped from my arms but I refuse to let the opportunity pass my a second time. You are strong enough to make the change and in that you will be strong enough to rule beside me.”

“You choose to condemn me to a life your trying to escape?” I ask with an audible tremble to my tone, “You’re fucking sick.”

The movement can barely be caught by my eyes but holy hell do I feel it. The blow across my cheek sends me crashing to the floor in a heap and Edgar to snarl as he fights to get to me. Eventually I feel his touch on my face and I turn towards it to see his bloody but still beautiful face looking frantic.

“I’m okay.” I whisper.

He closes his crimson orbs for a second before opening them but they’re not the same. What once held pain now holds a glimmer of determination I knew he’d have eventually. I just didn’t think he’d give up so soon.

“We’ll do it.” Edgar says with a tone made of pure steel. “But I want one day with my wife to say my goodbyes. No interruptions.”

“Deal.” Gryphon says with a pleased look. He goes to leave but stops to address Edgar over his shoulder, “If I were you, Van Garrett, I’d make it count.”

He leaves, taking Feng and any other henchman I didn’t see hiding in the shadows leaving just Edgar and I in the ornate dining room. It’s an odd place for a last night but it’s also all we have. Edgar’s shoulder’s relax but quickly tense again as pain radiates through his body from the burns still searing the flesh of his back.

“Come here.” I mumble but it’s me who scoots closer to him. He stiffly moves closer to me as well, pained at every movement until his head is in my lap. I brush my fingers through his sweat drenched coal black hair as I make the mistake of peeking at his back again.

Oh god the look of the marks makes bile rise in my throat. Its not in disgust, I could never be disgusted by Edgar no matter what they did to him but Its from the pain he must have gone through. The pain he’s still going through. Without second thought I lift my wrist to my mouth and let my fangs slice into it making blood spring from my pale flesh immediately.

“Here”

Pressing my wrist to Edgar’s lips I feel his lips hesitate to connect before they envelope the area with their heat. I close my eyes at the familiar pleasure of him drinking from me but this time I offer it to him. He isn’t taking to help me from some sick need to feel pain but from me needing to stop his pain.

My whole arm tingles and deep in my belly a heat begins to be met by an ache but that can’t be helped. Feeding between mates seems to always be so heated but I won’t push it until I know he’s out of pain. I don’t need it anyway. All I need is to feel him and know he’s still with me.

Edgar doesn’t feel the same though.

He releases my wrist and claims my mouth quickly making me taste myself on his tongue as he sweeps it against mine. His hands are hurried and clumsy as he unzips my dress before ripping it clean off my body. I am not exposed to him despite a pair of flimsy underwear he quickly removes and tosses across the room.