Epilogue+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Epilogue+

As Florence lies at my feet I pet her with my toes while I rub my hand over my swollen belly. It wasn’t long after our blood sealing ceremony that I found out I was pregnant and no one was more shocked than me. Well, maybe not considering Tyler actually fainted when I shared the news. Jane, by the way has never let him forget about it since and it’s been amusing to watch the color drain from his face when she brings up them having their own pups.

God, save us if they do.

Lowering my book I glance over at Edgar as he announces his arrival in the room with a few notes of ‘Moonlight Sonata’ on the piano. My smile is huge and he answers it with one of his own before coming towards me with the ever-present grace of a predator. Florence gets the clue and jumps out of the way to make room for him before he takes her spot at my feet.

I shiver as his hand reaches out to caress my belly making the little creature growing inside kick.

“See.” I begin lifting my book back up. “Even our baby thinks your annoying.”

“That’s because it hasn’t fallen for my good looks yet.”

I snort, “Whatever you want to tell yourself.”

“Wallflower?”

“Yes?” I sigh though the nickname still makes my heart race.

“I love you.”

“I know.” I smile though its hidden by my book.

“And…”

I lower my book and roll my eyes, “Are we feeling needy today?”

“For your undying love and affection? Always.”

Chuckling I finally give him the response he wants. “I love you too.”

“Now was that so hard?” He teases.

“Yes.”

Lowering his head to my belly he whispers. “Your mother acts like she hates me but deep inside she loves me just as much as I love her.”

“More. I love you more. I have to because I put up with you.”

Edgar laughs and kisses the bump before rising up to smile softly at me, one I quickly return.

The Irony of my life isn’t lost on me. I looked for release in death and in that quest I ended up finding something worth living for. Even after all this time I still bare the scars, emotional and physical and I don’t think those will ever fade but now I have something I never had before, hope. I can hope for a future now and as I caress my stomach I’m hoping it’ll be a bright one.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There it is guys....THE END!

Lets take a moment to have a good fangirl cry. Okay....you good? Me too. Anywoo, I hope this was a good ending for you guys and though I'll admit I struggled with this story I'll miss it. Shoshanna is such a big part of me that its sad to let her go to have her happy ending with Edgar off in imagination land along with Tyler and Jane. I hope you enjoyed this journey with me as much as I enjoyed it with you.

Shout out to the you guys by the way, the best fans EVER! You stuck with me and I'll love you guys till the end for it. Thank you so much for all your support and all of your love that you've sent me over the course of both this story and its predecessor, The Sweetest Kill. 

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW :}

Oh and don't forget to check out 'Deadly Affections', my new vampire story :}