Four+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song------------------}

Four+

“Henry Knight? As in from the coven? That Henry?” Tyler asks.

I nod.

“What about him?”

“He,” I stop myself and look up the stairs towards Edgar is before grabbing Tyler and pulling him into the music room. Closing the giant sliding wooden doors behind me I turn back to a very curious looking Tyler. “He cornered me the other night at the club while we were hunting. He’s out to get me. He says its something to do with some sick loyalty to Josette.”

“Did he hurt you?” Tyler asks grabbing me by the shoulders as he inspects me closely so to spot any injuries.

I push off his hands with an eye roll, “I’m fine, you big ole worry wart. He just…freaked me out is all. I thought we were done will all this shit and yet here it comes again to bite me in the ass.”

“What? Did you expect the Disney princess ending?”

I shrug looking anywhere but him. Maybe I did expect the Disney princess ending, good hair and all. Doesn’t every girl, no matter her mental issues, want to have that ever after ending? Sure, mine started dark but why did that mean I wasn’t allowed to be happy?

“Well I hate to break it to you, Doll face, but you’re with a vampire. You yourself are also a vampire. You’re the villains of the piece and normally those girls don’t get those happy endings.”

I give him a flat look, “If this is your idea of a pep talk, you suck.”

He grins shaking his head before sighing, “Okay, so he threatened you, what else?”

“Um, well Viktor stepped in.” I mumble.

“Viktor Amadi? What do you mean he stepped in?”

I let out a slow exhale, “He pulled Henry off of me and said he’s be checking into this.”

“Fuck,” Tyler mutters running a hand through his hair, “I hate to break it to you, Shosh but I don’t think you’ll be getting that Ever After with the boss for awhile if this shit keeps up.”

“Yeah, I’m getting that feeling too.”

“So he doesn’t know?”

“No and I want to keep it that way. I’ll just until I see what Viktor can dig up.”

Tyler nods and kisses my forehead, “I’m afraid I won’t be able to help you much over the next few months. I’m visiting my sister next week and then Edgar has me going over to Stillwell for some business.”

“Stillwell is a bit of a haul.”

Tyler shrugs with a yawn, “Nothing I can’t handle.”

“Oh yeah.” I snort, “I forgot you’re the big bad wolf.”

He grins, “Damn straight.”

I roll my eyes and slap his shoulder making him chuckle.

“Hey, Shosh?”

“Yeah?”

“You’ll be okay, you know that right?”

I sigh and nod but deep down I don’t know if I can be as confident as he is.

+

As I wipe my mouth clean of the remnants of another meal I can’t help but feel uneasy. It has been two weeks since my run in with Henry and nothing has come of it. Not even a peep from the guy and I’m starting to get worried. Viktor hasn’t shown himself and Edgar is staring to sense something is up.