Ten+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song--------}

*Sexual content.

Ten+

I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing. I lift my head and glare at the stupid new cellphone has given me. He says its for when I need space and I don’t want him digging in my head he at least needs to know he can reach me. Since I’m trying to be a bit more accommodating with his need to protect me I accepted it but not without grumbling about it.

It’s been a week since my mental and emotional breakdown in the bathtub and Edgar has never been so attentive. He barely leaves my side much like in the earlier days of our relationship…though I didn’t know that’s what it was then. He’s been groveling like no tomorrow as well. Every time he catches sight of my arm he grabs it, kisses it and tells me how sorry he is.

I only wish it didn’t take me hurting myself to get him to this point.

I pick up the phone as it rings for sixth time. Edgar, apparently not as asleep as I assumed slithers over to me to caress my back as I lay on my stomach putting my new cellphone to my ear. There are all these fancy buttons on it that I’m getting used to so it takes forever for me to even unlock the damn thing.

“Tyler?” I answer a little annoyed.

“Shosh?”

I roll my eyes, “Duh, dumbass, you called me.”

“Huh? Oh yeah, I know.”

I wait for him to continue but when he doesn’t I snap, “Well?”

“Well what?” he asks sounding confused.

Oh my god, what are they putting in the water over in Stillwell?

“Stupid dog.” Edgar complains from behind me.

I slap his shoulder and he chuckles into my back.

Turning back to my phone I sigh, “Tyler, why did you call?”

“I found her, Shosh.”

“Who?” I ask, immediately intrigued.

“My mate. I marked her.”

Marking, as Tyler has explained to me is a huge deal for werewolves. It makes their mate permanently soul tied to them, much like vampire marking but with less blood sharing. I can’t stop the shit eating grin that spreads across my face at the thought that Tyler has found his girl, his one and only.

“Holy shit!”

He chuckles. “That’s what I said!”

“Well what’s her name?” I ask excited.

“Jane. Her name is Jane.”

Jane, I like it. Classic but still not commonly used these days.

“Well when do I get to meet her?”

“Who?” Edgar mumbles as he pauses kissing down the flesh of my spine.

I scowl at him, “Shush. Tyler, when do I get to meet her?”

“Uh…”

“Hello?” I sing into the phone.

I hear a voice in the distance but I can’t make out the words.