Six+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song-------------}

Six+

Light fingers skim down the bare skin of my spine making me shiver and pout. No, I will not pop my eyes open. I will focus on the purring of Florence on the top edge of my pillow and I will keep myself asleep. I refuse to wake up no matter how much those fingers are giving me delicious little goosebumps.

“Wake up, Amour.” Edgar practically purrs in my ear.

“No.”

“Yes, love, it’s time to get up. We have things to do.”

I rub my face into my pillow and mumble, “I’m not hungry.”

He chuckles making the bed move a little and me to whine, “We don’t all just drink, stalk and fuck, Amour, you should know that.”

“I don’t want to know anything beyond that.” I mutter stubbornly keeping my eyes closed.

“Get up.”

“No.”

He sighs, “How can I tempt you to wake up?”

“You can’t. It’s hopeless.”

“Shoshanna Akira Bell, I demand you awaken from your slumber, get dressed and meet me in the study in half an hour.”

I scowl, “Edgar I-don’t-know-your-middle-name Van Garrett, I deny your request and wish for you to kindly fuck off.”

He chuckles and kisses my shoulder, “Charming as ever. Seriously though, love, we have a visitor coming soon and I think you’ll want to see him.”

I pop my head up and slightly crack my eyes open, “Explain.”

“Viktor is coming to share what he has collected.”

I close my eyes and limply fall to the bed with a groan, “That was a month ago! Why couldn’t he come talk to us when I wasn’t in the middle of a good day’s sleep?”

“Because he can. Now, get up.” He punctuates his request by smack my ass making me yelp and him burst into laughter.

I scowl up at him sleepily, “You make it hard to like you.”

He shrugs and grins wickedly, “You don’t have to like me. Just love me, feed me and never leave me.”

“Oh and he’s a poet!” I mock making him smirk. “How did I get so lucky?”

“We’ll call it fate, now, for the last time, get up!”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” I grumble, “Keep your Goth panties on.”

“Goth? No, baby, I’m stylish.”

“Everything you have is black.” I point out over my shoulder as I sit on the edge of the bed. Wiggling my toes I yawn into my hand and rise off the bed heading for the, you guessed it, black painted oak dresser. “That sounds suspiciously gothic.”

He shrugs looking at me nakedness like a predator, “I’ll stop wearing black when they come up with a darker color.”

I snort, “I’m sure they’ll get right on that.”

Pulling on a pair of dark wash jeans, a plain white V-neck t-shirt and throw my hair up in a barely contained ponytail. Pushing any loose pieces behind my ears I turn back to Edgar to see him watching my every move with hungry red eyes that make feel the odd need to blush. I’m not used to this, even after seven months of being around him, I’m not used to being desired like this.