-36-

<Author pov>

"Oppa... shes your girlfriend, shes so mean," Jisoo made puppy eyes, unaware about how mad Jinyoung was feeling. He was already trembling with rage but Jisoo was still trying to do what her dear little cousin Macy asked for.

*flashback*

"Jisoo unnie!"

"Oh hi Macy!" Jisoo replied, waving towards her younger cousin. Jisoo doted and loved her younger cousin dearly, thinking of her as her younger sister.

"Unnie I need your help," Macy pouted and had teary eyes. Jisoo, blinded by her love for her younger cousin fell for it.

"Yes dongsaeng? Whats the matter?" She asked in a concerned voice and put her arm around Macy.

"Do you know Val? From Girls Over There?" Macy started. Jisoo nodded. Jisoo has watched and seen Val multiple times. She thought Val seemed like quite a nice girl and a good singer too, but was slightly jealous about the fact that Val has been titled as the most outstanding Visual.

"Well, she is really mean to me in school," Macy put her arms behind her back and pinched herself, bitting her lip to prevent herself from yelling in pain, "she keeps telling me that you are horrible and you don't deserve to be a visual, and that Jinyoung doesn't deserve to be shipped with someone as ugly as you..." she took her arm from behind her back.

"See unnie?" She teared up, "she did his to me when I defended you," Macy pointed to the red pinch make on her arm. Jisoo gasped in shock and caressed her younger cousin's arm and tried to comfort her.

"What do you want me to do?" Jisoo asked, determined.

"I want you to ask your manager if you can do the couple dance with Jinyoung instead of her, please unnie? And break them apart... I don't want her to be happy?"

But no matter how Macy phrases it, it sounded mean and spiteful. But how Jisoo hears it, it sounded like Macy truly wanted revenge and that was true. Like a puppet, Jisoo listened, having and holding her a grudge of her own for Val and growing hatred.

"Okay dongsaeng, let me talk to my manager, I will update you," Jisoo patted Macy's shoulder and smiled.

"Thanks unnie, bye..." Macy said, she herself was not sharp enough to catch the hidden smirk of accomplishent hiding in Jisoo's smile.

"Manager nim, can you appeal to JYP sir to let me do the dancing duet with Jinyoung sunbae?

*Back to present time*

So that was how Jisoo managed to get everything going her way. But Jinyoung was not having it at all.

"Why did you do that?" He asked in a dangerously low and calm voice. Jisoo should have taken that as a warning to back off. But in her mind, she took it as a sign to try and fully brainwash him.

"Oppa-"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!" Jinyoung suddenly shouted, his emotions running free but still had enough control to prevent himself from lashing out physically at Jisoo. Jisoo had a moment of shock before regaining her composure.

"You didn't stop me..." She now took up a meek pose and fumbled with her fingers, hiding a secret smirk of victory under everything. The meekness and fakeness not masked well enough. Jinyoung wasn't that naive, neither was he stupid. He knew he was wrong.

Jinyoung couldn't say anything. Because that was the truth. He didn't stop her, he played along. Rejection did not take place. He kissed her back instead of pushing her away. He was the reason that Val was aching now. It it hurt him to.

"So... you two are over?" Jisoo asked with a slight ray of hope, taking her cousin's request to the next level. And evil glint in her eye as she looked at him.

"No. We are not." Jinyoung said in determination. He was going to get Val back. He know it would be hard. But he wasn't going to let go of her. Not that easily. And definitely not because of some dumb mistake. He loved her too much for that.

"But... she..." Jisoo tried to say again. She was slowly starting to feel the victory slip out of her grasp like water.

"No. I will not give up like this. Why did you kiss me? Answer." He looked at her coldly. She made puppy eyes, trying to gain his empathy, trying to make him think that she was only being caring.

"Well... I didn't know you had a girlfriend..." Jisoo didn't plan this comversation, nor was she a improv talker. The words that tumbled out of her mouth sounded more like a slow consideration rather than a clear firm confirmation. That alone was able to tell Jinyoung it was set up.

"Cut the bullshit," Jinyoung snapped, losing his temper completely, "why did you plan to do this to her? What did she ever do to you??"

"I'm trying to help your career, fans ship us more. If you get into something with her, Blinks who ship us are going to go against Girls Over There, think about it, its going to ruin both of your careers," Jisoo tried to reason, the great actress she was, making it seem real and beating about the bush, hoping to convince Jinyoung.

But when she really examined his eyes, she knew she had no more chance. Jinyoung was deeply in love with Val. The determination and coldness in his eyes said all. No matter how convincing and real she seems and sounds, Jisoo knew that it was over. There was no way that she could win Jinyoung over. Sad thing that she still tried.

"Tell me why, why you did that to her, its not the first time," Jinyoung asked in a hard voice. And the was Jisoo's cue to say what she knew would guilt trip him.

"It happened twice... but you did nothing to stop me or tell me that you have a girlfriend on both occasions," she said smugly. Again, Jinyoung was speechless. She was right, he didn't do anything to stop her.

"You know what?," Jinyoung had enough, he wasn't a kid, he wasn't stupid, he knew what she wanted to do, and the worst thing is that he couldn't hit a girl. As idiotic and troublesome she was, he knew he couldn't hit her. Otherwise she would have been in the hospital fixing a broken jaw now.

"I'm leaving. I'm not doing this shoot or dance with you. I'm out. I don't care anymore. I will act like I don't know you and I will make it clear to the fans. Otherwise, I will report you." Jinyoung didn't bother turning to her but walked off. For a moment, Jisoo wanted to make a mad dash towards Jinyoung. But he stopped and turned his head slightly to the side.

"I love her. A person like you can't bring us apart. Stay away from her and us." He said coldly and left.

It wasn't till he disappeared into the corner did it occur to Jisoo that she was not only helping her cousin. But she actually started to... love him.