-37-

<Val pov>

It hurt me even to breathe, but having false hope was more painfull. I stretched out my arm to take my phone that was laying in the toilet sit since I was sitting on the floor. I knew how dirty and disgusting that sounds, but I already felt like a trashy piece of shit.

When I heard my phone vibrating my face lit up for a spilt second. Still having the already long gone hope that Jinyoung still cared and decided to call me. Wishing and praging that maybe, just maybe his name will be the caller ID. Hoping that we still had a chance together was useless. I had to move on.

"Hello?" I said in a hoarse voice to Jan who called me. Once again false hope. I wish I could accept the fact that he didn't love me, no matter how much pain it brought me.

"Where are you?"

"Toilet at the back," I did not bother to let her reply but directly put down the phone. I was in no mood to talk or say anything. I felt dead. Like a zombie that wasn't dead but acted like it.

Soon, the loud crash or the door frame swinging against the wall came thundering in the small compact space of the toilet.

"Open." A demanding voice said along with a loud knock that shook the flimsy door frame of the cubical. I extended my hand higher to open the door, not wanting to stand up. The dumb me used my wounded hand and opened the wound, a hiss of pain tumbled out of my mouth.

"Holy crap Val!!" Jan shouted in horror and her hand flew to cover her mouth. I just hummed, unaffected.

"Who the shit... what the f-" she grabbed my wrist gently and held my un-injured arm and pulled me off the floor, dragging my lifeless legs to the sink.

"Who..." she asked me but having her attention focused on cleaning my wound with a piece of quality tissue and water. Because my wound was a precious mark of what I would do for Jinyoung. I was crazy about him... but not enough to cut myself. But I did it in the spur of the moment.

"Jinyoung..." I started but bit my lip, my eyes started watering again and my heart pounded painfully.

"He-" I covered my mouth with my hand and let the tears flow. I did not care anymore. It hurt. I was emotionally in pain. I had to let it out. The feeling of pain lingering in my chest was returning and hitting my body.

"Cheated...?" She asked in a small voice, her movements involved cleaning my wound slowed down and became more light, barely touching my skin as she stalled. I choked and started crying more intensely.

"It hurts unnie! It hurts!" I grabbed my chest and crumpled my clothes into a tight messy ball, clutching it desperately in my hand, hoping one way or another it could ease the killing pain in my chest.

The image of the pair making out surfaced in my mind again, causing me to cry harder.

"He... Jisoo..." I hiccupped but I didn't finish. The room started spinning and everything went black.

<Jan pov>

My little maknae collapsed in front of me. And obviously, first thing that I felt was concern. Her limp frail body falling onto mine for support. I was stuck. Should I do CPR? Obviously she's still alive and breathing. In a state of panic, I called up the ambulance quickly.

I felt like someone used a shot gun to shoot my heart. We all loved our little maknae, but seeing her weak like this, face pale as a ghost, lips chapped and dry and eyes puffy and red, it was heart breaking.

"Hang in there maknae..." I said softly and sprinkled some water on her face, thinking she might miraculously wake up. I put her uninjured arm around my shoulder and lifted her up slightly to take her out of that stuffy toilet.

My concern slowly slipped away as I saw the paramedics running over. Boy they were fast. Her wrist was still bleeding a bit so my white shirt was stained with blood. They calmly took over and checked her pulse and breathing, me being the anxious unnie of the maknae, was standing at the side bitting my nails trying to calm my nerves.

I watched them treat the wound on her wrist before lifting her body onto the stretcher. I could hear light heaving from her, her chest moving up and down softly, bringing my heart more peace that she would be fine. But it was sad to see the white bandage around her wrist slowly turn into a deeper colour, staining red with her blood.

The paramedic came over to me and I bowed, she did the same before talking to me.

"We will take her to the hospital and monitor her for a while, in the meantime, she is fine, normal fainting nothing serious but it is a good thing that the cut on her wrist was not horribly deep, but she still lost quite a bit of blood so we have to keep her in the hospital, I hope you understand, would you like to go on the ambulance to accompany her?" she said in a serious tone, I nodded. She bowed again, before walking away, I followed her, taking slow and heavy footsteps, like I was forced to walk to my grave.

Oh shit... what was I going to tell the rest? I covered my face and tried to prevent myself from tearing up. I was an idiot. I didn't take care of her properly. Why didn't I check on her sooner? Why didn't I follow her?

"Hello unnie...?" I said in a slightly fearful voice after Dley unnie picked up the phone in the fourth ring.

"What happened?" She asked in a stern voice. Maybe she heard the news? Maybe not. I boarded the ambulance and sat next to Val who was lying on the bed, face white as sheet and eyes closed.

"Val fainted... we are on the way to Seoul Hospital... please don't be mad... come as soon as possible, I will tell you what happened when you reach..." I quickly put down the phone, too afraid to face what was coming up for me.

I held my maknae, who I had long considered as a little sister and smiled sadly, "little maknae... unnie is sorry... hang in there." I whispered.

<Dley pov>

Krys and I got a call from Jan, I already knew something was up. Tesa came bursting into our dorm and grabbed Val's extra clothes in a hurry and left. But after the phons call with Jan and being enlightened  about how our maknae had fainted, we had a panic attack.

"Val... fainted?" I started breathing heavily and felt a lump in my throat. I loved Val, we all did. She was our maknae and she fainted. In the hospital. It was a big deal. I was worried as hell.

But the only thing we could do was go to Seoul Hospital and check on her. Krys was already breaking into cold sweat upon hearing the news. Oh my god...

It was something to do with Jinyoung. I will bet on that. And when I see him, I will teach him what happens when someone does this to our maknae. But some other time. Our top priority right than was to go to the hospital as soon as possible. We still had to get an explanation from Jan.

We honestly were angry at Jan for not taking care of her, staying with her and watching out for her properly. I grabbed my car keys and left the dorm with Krys. We ran down the stairs to the car park but bumped into Jinyoung.

"Where are you going?" He asked in a shocked voice seeing us in a hurry.

"Sorry sunbae nim," I mocked and glared at him, angry boiling up in my heart. But Val was more important. Hang in there maknae.