12

H A V E N

H A V E N

"BYE ROSIE," I say and wave before closing the door and leaning against it.

I needed to get out and think.

I grabbed my black cloak and put on my boots before slipping out of my front door, I made my way through town without a problem and came to a stop a little ways away from the gates to the forest.

I stopped when I heard two of the guards practically gossiping, "Did you see? The human at the ball that was able to injure multiple wolves? The Prince said it was a trick of the light but it was too crazy to only be that, it was definitely the human. But could we even call it a human? Probably a witch or something, the Prince should kill it." One says.

"Don't talk so loud Brenton someone could overhear us." Someone hisses and I hear a thump. I walk out for behind the wall and smile at the two.

"Hey boys, mind walking me out?" I question with a raised eyebrow, both become extremely pale and one even begins to shake. The one who wasn't shaking like a leaf took my arm and began pulling me outside the walls.

"You have ten minutes. If you are not back by then I will call the authorities." He speaks, his voice serious. I nod my head and smirk before taking off, I ran like the wind. They had given up on staying by my side the entire time so I am now allowed a certain time to be alone.

My feet hit the ground in quick movements, and I feel absolutely free. I stop for a moment to pull off my shoes and cloak before placing them in my tree and sprinting off again. I hated wearing shoes when I ran, it made me feel less connected to the world. But when I ran in bare feet the scratches and pain reminded me I am someone and I mean something.

I heard the sound of water sloshing together and make my way over to my favourite little pond, I quickly take off all my clothing leaving me in only my undergarments and I jump into the water. The freezing cold water engulfs me completely and sends pleasant shivers all over my body.

I loved this feeling.

The way it made my stomach settle and it took away any bad vibes I had, the way my problems would melt away into a puddle and I could- for once in a while feel completely myself.

It wasn't something I had often, but it was enough for me. After dealing with the whole Griffin situation I hadn't had a break and I was starting to be more sluggish and tired all the time.

It was really a pleasant break for someone.

I emerged from the water, taking in a deep breath of the clear air. I moved the hair away from my eyes and it stuck to my wet skin, I felt the coldness of the water begin to fade as I got used to it, I now felt numb.

This part was bittersweet, I liked that I was numb but also hated it. It was just a weird moment where nothing made sense. I always came here to clear my head but this was a different kind of feeling, a less perfect one.

I swam to the shallow end, sitting down on one of the rocks jutting out from underneath the bank of the water. I could lay here for hours, and I decided that I would stay as long as possible. At least until I heard the men from the gate calling me.

I always left before they got close to my spot because I didn't want them to find it. It was mine, my safe haven.

"Am I interrupting something?" I turned around to come face to face with the one and only, Griffin Mostro. And what I do next surprises the both of us, I reach up, cup the back of his neck and connect our lips.

🌼🌼🌼

I was going to say she slapped him but let's see where this goes😏

Anyway, sorry for the week late update, I've been busy with school, I'm not doing great in math so I've been trying to improve my mark before finals, which are right around the corner. And let me tell you, I'm really feelin' the stress. It constantly eating away at my sanity, and when I think about them my stomach twists and turns:(

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed💗