14

H A V E N

H A V E N

"It's tonight!" My mother yelled and looked at me with irritation in her green eyes.

"I know! But I don't need a husband, and I'm not choosing any suitors. I refuse." I grumble and pull my pillow over my head. After yesterday's brawl between Griffin and Thomas, I'm pretty sure I lost consciousness because I woke up this morning in my bed and the bite Griffin had given me has somehow healed overnight. How had he done that? No. fucking. idea. 

She growls and pulls my blankets and pillow away from me, I cry out and try to hold onto them but she just rolls her eyes.

She pulls me out of bed and towards the bathroom, I reluctantly mope inside and shower. My mom is waiting outside the door for me after I finish and pulls me to my room, I sigh as she begins doing my makeup. After she was done I looked at myself in the mirror and saw I looked so different and I smile slightly.

I looked beautiful. Although the makeup was kind of uncomfortable.

After we finished makeup she let my hair down to blow dry it and curled some pieces, then she led me to her room and opened the door to reveal one of the most beautiful dresses I had ever seen.

It was baby blue, with a fitted top that had fake flowers running along the top of my breasts and showed off the valley of my breasts. It fell down in the same material as the dress I wore to Griffin's Ball and was absolutely beautiful.

She smiles at my awestruck expression, "We will put it on later, right now we will feast with the family and have people prepare the courtyard for the event, I have already invited every single man in the city as well as Ellamara and Griffin per Griffin's request."

Well that dampened my mood tremendously, I sighed an 'okay' and she smiled.

🌼🌼🌼

It was about five o'clock in the evening now and I had my dress on, I sat inside with my sisters and they were giggling about how pretty I was. My brother, as well as my father, were practically bawling their eyes out, well not exactly, but close enough.

"You look beautiful Birdy," Adrianus said and I smiled at him before hugging him and exiting the house. I climbed into the carriage my mother had already been sitting in and the horses were on their way.

We reached the courtyard in five minutes tops and I listened to people play the trumpets before someone opened the carriage door for me, yes we took these celebrations very seriously.

Someone announced my name and I looked around and scanned the large group of people before Griffin caught my eye and smiled at me, his eyes sparkled as he took in my appearance. I stepped out and began talking to the men all around me.

🌼🌼🌼

About three hours later I was exhausted, okay that's a lie. I was exhausted in the first ten minutes but I had gotten the point of where I had to sit down.

While I was sitting in the corner sipping on a glass of wine Griffin appeared behind me.

"How's your ceremony going?" He asked huskily, I shivered involuntarily and shrugged.

"Horrible. But I have to say, the unlimited amount of wine my mother provided is amazing." I say and he chuckles.

"Don't drink too much." He says in a serious tone.

"Okay dad," I say and he laughs slightly and murmurs something under his breath.

He shakes his head and slips away walking in Ellamara's direction.

"Hey! Haven!" I hear a familiar voice call and I see a man I had met earlier named Garrison jogging up to me.

"Care to dance?" He asks slightly breathless and flashes me a dazzling smile showing off his white teeth. His blonde hair was pushed to the side in a perfect updo as if he hadn't touched it at all since he had done it, and his green eyes radiated excitement.

I force a smile and took his offered hand whilst he pulled me up gently, I place one of my hands in his and the other on his shoulder. I can feel someone's scorching gaze on the back of my head the whole time but I ignore it. We glide around the makeshift dance floor and I laugh as he twirled me.

When we finished dancing and both of us were breathless I thanked him for the dance and kissed his cheek. I heard a glass break and looked over at Griffin to see the glass that had previously been in his hand now crushed causing his hand to bleed.

He turns to give Garrison a hateful glare and doesn't seem to notice his blood dripping on the ground. Ellamara gasped dramatically and tried to help him but wouldn't dare get blood on her tight navy blue dress.

I walk over and roll my eyes at her fake scared expression before offering my hand to Griffin, "I know first aid let me help." He takes my hand with the not bloody one and I walk him to a table trying to ignore the giddy feeling in my chest and the sparks zipping through my hand due to the contact.

I push him into a seat and begin taking the glass out of his hand, I grab a glass of water and pour it on his hand before letting it air dry and use one of the cloth napkins to wrap up his hand. After I'm finished I wipe my hands and smile, "All done."

He laughs gently and whispers so only I can hear, "I didn't need the makeshift bandage, it already healed." I shrug and look him in the eyes.

"You're welcome," I say flatly and he smiled before replying.

"Thank you."

🌼🌼🌼

Awe awe awe shipping!!

Sorry, this took like 102019927373 years, I'm lazy & had writer's block but this chapter is longer than normal sooooo.

Also every chapter I try and slip in as much Griffin & Haven as I can! What would their ship name be? Graven or Haffin? Ahhh I can't choose!

COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW ME! BYE!