26

Thanks for 1k reads on the last chapter, here's this one, as promised;)

G R I F F I N

A SIGH escaped past my lips as I watched Ellamara get fitted in a gown for our upcoming ball, the only thing on my mind was Haven's unconscious form in my bed.

Hades came into my view and gestured for me to go and so I got up and brushed past Ellamara who just glared at Hades and me.

"What?" I noticed my temper had gotten worse recently.

"You have some explaining to do." He gestured to two people who were walking in our direction, and I realized they were my parents.

Shit. Why were they here? Had Hades said something to them? 

I looked over at him and he had a smug smile on his face.

"My son." My mother said and I turned to give her a rare smile.

"Mother, Father," I say and my father nods.

"Hades here says there is something we have to discuss, about a certain girl." He says and I sigh and rub a hand down my face.

We walked into my office and they all took seats before I sat behind my desk and folded my hands on top of my stacks of paper that were laid out all over the desk.

I explained how I felt about Haven, and how she was mine, I could just feel it. She felt natural and felt like the only reason I existed.

By the end of it, my mother's makeup was running down her face and her hand was covering her mouth in shock, I would presume.

"Could it be?" She asked my father and I looked between the two who were looking at each other with surprised expressions. "We have to speak to the Oracle." My mother said and got up before telling me to follow her.

We make our way out of the castle and behind it where we have a lot of free land, we walked through the forest before we reached a small hut in the middle of nowhere.

I felt my wolf become completely relaxed and questioned him why, because this was a new person and he would usually be on guard.

Before I got an answer the door opened to reveal a beautiful white-haired woman dressed in a white floor lengthed dress. She turned her gaze to me and I took a step back in shock as I saw her eyes, black. She had black irises.

"Griffin this is Elise, she is our Oracle, she is in direct contact with the moon goddess and we go to her when we need answers to questions that are not mortal." My mother said and I nodded slowly.

"Hello." Her voice felt soft, like a flower petal caressing your cheek. Everything about her looked soft, even her personality.

"I have heard much about you, my Prince." She says and bows on both knees.

"I believe your position is higher than mine Elise, rise." I say calmly and she gets up with a sly smile.

"You're as smart as they say." She says and to that, I chuckle before my face becomes serious.

"Alright, step inside and I shall answer that question that you keep repeating in your head." She speaks and rubs her temple as if in pain.

I would question it but now doesn't seem like the right time.

We stepped inside and we were blanketed by darkness before candles flickered on with just a flick of Elise's wrist. We sat down on a tree log that was decorated in blankets and cushions.

"So we all know why you are here, and the moon goddess has already explained to me why you're here as well. But I will still ask, what are you seeking Griffin?" She asks and I take in a deep breath.

"What feels like the other half of my soul," I say without hesitation.

She laughs gently, "That is exactly as she described it." She readjusted and folded her hands on her lap.

"A long time ago wolves were blessed with mates, mates were the other half of our souls and when we met them we felt a pull to let us know we found our other half. Mates were the moon goddesses' creation, just like we were. But all of a sudden, people began rejecting their other half and brutally murdering their chosen one. The moon goddess saw no reason for her precious creations to be getting killed and was filled with rage. So she severed every connection the wolves had with each other, including the mate bond, and that has been the way for hundreds of years. But when she created you two she felt you already had a connection, a connection out of her control. She knew you two would make it and be strong enough to make a life together, even with the obstacles. So she mated you two and has not regretted her decision. We know your reasons for being with Ellamara, but we also know something else, and you will too. Soon enough." She says and I gape at her.

"Wow.." I breathe out and feel the longing inside of me for my other half, my mate. Haven was in my bedroom alone and could wake up at any time.

"Thank you, Elise, you are something astronomical, unearthly, and we can not thank you enough for doing what you are doing. But I need to get back to my mate and be with her when she wakes." I smile and she smiles back.

I'm about to leave when I hear her say my name, "Do not believe everything she says. What she has said to you may not always be one hundred percent truthful, question everything except your mate." She says.

I leave, as confused as ever.

Was she talking about Ellamara and- no. She wouldn't lie about that, it is the only reason- it is too detrimental to be a lie.

I go into the castle, and this time I'm ready to tell Hades the real reason I am with my mate's sister instead of her.

🌼🌼🌼

Okay, teas gonna be spilled next chapter. And I feel like we need another spicy chapter, is that just me? Lemme know ;)

also I kinda lowkey like how this chapter turned out.

what do you think is going on? what is the thing elise was talking about? is elise important? 

what is so detrimental?

y'all are finally getting the answers you've been looking for, YAY!

Check out my social media and email!
Instagram: writingjaida
Email: writingjaida@gmail.com

Happy reading.