27

PSA: IM REALLY SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN WRITING MUCH BUT I GOT A JOB AND IT TAKES UP MOST OF MY TIME.

• G R I F F I N•

"HADES!" I called rather loudly as I spotted my second in command.

He turned around and smiled, "Griffin, what can I do for you, man?" He asked.

"I have something to tell you," I respond and gestured with my head towards my office.

Once we were inside, I began to get nervous. And, I never get nervous.

"So, you were asking, well demanding why I was with Ellamara. And I do have a reason, I do. But I'm, afraid you will look at me differently if I tell you." I say and let out a deep breath, my head was spinning.

"Man, whatever you tell me, I will hear you out and listen. I may not understand your reasoning now, but I won't judge why." He said and I nodded. I could trust him.

"So to make a long story short, I met-" I began, and my office door opens.

"Griffin! There you are, I've been looking for you." Ellamara smiles at Hades, who scoffs at her and looks at me expectantly. Ellamara clambers through the room and jumps into my lap, causing the wind to be knocked out of me.

"Ow," I reply and Ellamara gasps and begins asking if I'm okay, I put my arms around her waist to make sure she didn't fall off my lap as a normal gentleman would.

"Ellamara, do you have business with Griffin? Because I do and let me tell you, you are not allowed to just barge in and try to-" he starts.

"Hades, that's enough. Ellamara, what is it that you need? I have business to attend to, as you can tell." I say and she sighs.

"Is it a crime I just want to spend time with my husband?" She responds and I growl slightly.

"Ellamara, you are testing my boundaries, you know what I talked to you about." I grumble.

"Okay! Fine! I don't fucking care! Just continue to hate me! I didn't do this! You did!" She screams and stumbles out of the room and slams the door behind her.

I sigh and put my head in my hands.

"Griffin, what was that about?" Hades asks.

"I met Ellamara about a month before I met, Haven. She somehow got inside of one of my family's parties and I can't lie, I was attracted to her. I'm not sure if it was because she kind of looked like Haven or because she kind of smelled like her, or I was just attracted to her but I felt attracted to her. That night I had a few drinks, and we ended up in bed together. About two weeks later she came to the palace yelling for me. She wouldn't let anyone touch her or be near her. She screamed so loud, it ricocheted through the kingdom when a guard tried to escort her out of the palace!" I growled, remembering my anger in that moment.

"Now, hear me out. After I heard what she had to say, I felt... protective. She told me, she was pregnant. And that it was my pup, that I had impregnated her that night of the party, she was originally angry but began to warm up to the idea of keeping it. Because I would never, I would never let go of my pup, doesn't matter who its mother is, I would love it with my whole heart. After she told my parents, they were angry, so they held the 'looking for a queen thing' to try and find a better woman to become queen after Ellamara gave birth, but she said if I didn't bond her, and stay with her after the pup was born, that she would, one, kill it, or two, take it away because she gave birth to it. So, of course, I couldn't refuse as fucked up as that is. So, here we are. We still went through with the 'finding a queen thing' to not make anyone suspicious. " I said and felt a lone tear fall down my face.

"Wow, man. I.. I don't know what to say." He said but then continued.

"But how do you, how do you know for sure? That she's pregnant, I mean?" He asked and I realized I never asked a doctor to check because I was both terrified, excited and angry at the same time.

"I- I mean, I don't think she would lie about that!" I growl as I speak, just thinking about it. Hades gets up and goes out of the door to talk to the guard standing outside, he tells him that we need Ellamara about something important and to meet us at the hospital wing.

Hades gestures for me to go and I get up and we make our way to the hospital quarters where Marley and Conrad were.

"Marley." Hades greets and she spins around in surprise. Her red curls bounced and her eyes were fearful for a second before she straightened out.

"Alpha, beta. What can I do for you?" She asked and Hades began talking quietly to her about a pregnancy test and an ultrasound whilst I waited for Ellamara.

It had been ten minutes already and no sign of Ellamara, I was getting fed up waiting for her.

I mind-linked the guards to ask if they could find her and escort her here.

Men.

Yes, Alpha? All of them responded in sync.

Look out for Ellamara, find her. This is urgent.

Yes, Alpha.

I rubbed my face in annoyance and began worrying about Haven. I haven't really checked on her, but I had guards stationed around her room, and outside. And I also had a maid in there with her in case she woke up.

Soon a small woman with blonde locks came running down the hall to my left, "Alpha!" She said loudly.

I also heard thumping coming from my right and turned to see a guard looking panicked.

"Alpha!" He said.

"Haven woke up and is sick!"
"Ellamara, she's- she's missing! Guards stationed around the wall saw someone leaving but they couldn't tell who it was, but we can't find Ellamara!"

I gasped in shock and heard Hades take in a breath, "Does she know? Did she hear us talking about it, Griffin?" Hades asked and I turned to look at him.

"All I know is there's something big going on, and I need to get back to my mate." I replied, my lips set in a firm line.

I didn't know what was going on with Ellamara, and I hoped she wasn't lying.

But, for now, I had to take care of my traumatized mate who sat upstairs by herself, puking her guts out.

•••

yo, so there you go. also, new style kind of thing. do you think his reasoning is valid? and do you think it's bad that he kept it from everyone for so long?

where is Ellamara, and what's up with Haven?

Check out my social media and email! You can follow or send me book covers or just talk to me!

Instagram:  @_jaidaphotography
Email: writingjaida@gmail.com

Happy reading.