23

H A V E N

H A V E N

A BRIGHT light woke me up from my nightmare-filled dreams and I cried out gently as a pounding in my skull started.

"Have you ever been abducted before, Haven?" Someone asked in a deep, scratchy voice and I shot my head up in response, before regretting it as my head started to pound and I started crying because of the pain.

"No," I answered coldly as I watched the shadow move from wall to wall. I needed to get out of here, this wasn't good.

"How is your first time?" He asked in an amused tone and I grumbled.

"Could you maybe just- stop talking? That would be excellent." I respond and I hear them scoff.

"You are not in the place to be making such demands." He said, his voice clipped and cold. I rolled my eyes, and pulled at the restraints that I just realized were there.

"Then let me go and give me the place to make 'such demands' would you?" I was just irritated at this point. Before I could push my luck any farther the person gripped my hair and pulled my head so my neck was fully exposed and they pushed a small dagger against it.

"Okay. Okay," I stutter out and he lets go, dragging the dagger down my neck and in between my breasts before pulling away. I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"People will realize I'm gone, they will come looking for me. Griffin will come." I say confidently and the man lets out a cold laugh that sent shivers of fear through my whole body.

"That's what I'm counting on Little Princess." He said and I felt like throwing up. I hated that nickname, I was not a Princess, if anything I was a peasant so why kidnap me?

He begins moving away and my stomach lets out a loud growl, my hunger finally taking all my attention. "Can I have some food?" I ask softly and he turns to look at me before turning back around and leaving me to deal with the demons already crawling around in my mind.

•••

A door opens after god knows how long, my head had been pounding relentlessly all the time I've been in here. Even in my sleep, the whole time, it felt like an earthquake was happening in my head.

To top it all off I was starving and my legs and hands were cramping because of the position I've been in this whole time plus they were bloody under the tense leather straps that kept me on this chair.

The man comes walking in with a bottle of water in his hand and I almost leap up to grab it before I got slammed back into the chair, the straps kept me firmly planted to the seat.

"Here." He says as he tilts my chin upward slightly and I glare at him as he touches me before I'm closing my eyes at the amazing sensation of the water touching my dry mouth.

After I'm done gulping down as much water as I can he leaves without another word, I begin coming up with plans of escape. I hadn't clipped my nails in a while so I angle my hand slightly so I can reach the strap with my nail and begin sawing it.

It starts to wear down the leather extremely slowly and before I know it the leather is snapping open and freeing my right hand. I gasp in surprise as it had become something I didn't realize I was doing.

I use that hand to unbuckle my hands and feet before moving to the darkest corner to seek protection until the man arrived.

I would jump on his back and press his pressure point to knock him out. That was my plan.

I was in the corner for a while, drifting in and out of consciousness when the door creaked open and I took up a ready position, he moved inside with a sort of dark beauty before freezing.

Before he had time to react I was jumping on his back trying to press his pressure point.

He grabbed my arm and flipped me over and the last thing I felt was a crunching in my ribs and the most painful feeling I had ever experienced.

🌼🌼🌼

Ouch. Must've hurt sis. Also, talking to someone currently and they are pretty cool ;) I really enjoy talking to them and always get excited when they text.. any suggestions? It's kind of depressing.

Check out my social media and email!
Instagram: writingjaida
Email: writingjaida@gmail.com

Happy reading.