Chapter 7: Seeing Old Faces, The Fall Maiden Reborn

The Same Day

Cinder was sat on a bench at the air docks waiting for you while checking her scroll. As she scrolled through news articles, all she could see is what the news had released about you, and what the government was trying to do. Your actions and attacks had sent the government into a downward spiral. Stocks were dropping, riots began to spring across the kingdoms. Even Atlas began to spiral into chaos as nobles and well-known families were arguing and rebelling against the government. Atlas had encountered its first Riot in history, and in the process, a board member had lost their life. Cinder smirked at seeing how your plans were working, and everything seemed to be going according to plan. When she put her scroll away she looked up and saw you walking towards her with a hurt expression on your face. She began to worry and stood up from her seat as you stood in front of her.

"What's wrong, darling?" She asked as she stroked your cheek.

"It is nothing...I'm fine. Let us just worry about the plan at hand." You told her as you walked towards an airship that had just docked.

Cinder stared at you for a few moments before following you in. As you entered, you began to remember the first time you came aboard an airship to Beacon, and it disgusted you. There weren't many students on the airship, but the students who were aboard noticed you and Cinder and began to whisper to one another.

"Hey, are they new?" One person whispered.

"Do you think they're from one of the academies that got destroyed?" Another asked.

"Hey, who's that guy? He's kinda hot~" A female voice said as you scoffed and turned towards the window.

"They had better stay away from my darling, or else even he won't be able to save them from what I will do to them." Cinder thought to herself as she sat closer to you and hugged your arm, leaning her head on your shoulder.

Once Beacon came into view, you almost wanted to vomit at how revolting the academy looked. After docking, you left the ship with Cinder and walked towards Beacon tower to speak with Ozpin. You entered the tower and rode it all the way to the top until you reached the last level which was his office. You exited the elevator and found him sat at his desk with a coffee mug in hand and he was reading a file before looking at you and Cinder.

"Ohh, and how may I help you two? I don't believe I've seen you around my school grounds before." He told you while gesturing to the seats in front of him.

"I'm afraid not, professor Ozpin. We're here from Shade Academy. Our team wasn't at the academy when that self-proclaiming God attacked." You lied to him.

"Well it's good you had made it out. Were there any other survivors from the school? What are your names?" He asked you as Cinder shook her head.

"I'm Cinder Fall, my teammate's name is Kyle Dalton. And we don't know. We lost all contact with everyone once the academy was destroyed and Vacuo was turned into a glass floor." Cinder replied.

"I see...Well, I'll see what I can do about your housing arrangements. As you can tell, we are a bit overbooked here at Beacon Academy." He stated as you looked out the window.

"Yes, it is quite the unfortunate situation you have here...Maybe the Gods are finally paying all life on this planet back for what we have done to Remnant." You said as you looked out towards Vale in the distance.

"Paying us back you say? Well, many people have done this world wrong, but there are also those who work and fight to protect it and keep peace." Ozpin said.

"Peace....I think the only true way peace can be achieved....is to kill the root of the poison that infects this world....Maybe it's time for the Gods to take back what is theirs." You said as you walked towards the elevator with Cinder. "Professor Ozpin, what do you think of the so called "God" that is cleansing our world?" You asked him.