Chapter 16- new girl

Play song above
Let it go- James Bay

Daniel pov

I woke up not feeling anything. No emotion. I was empty; numb. I got out of my bed and was hit with the cold morning air. I walked into the bathroom and just stared at myself and rolled my eyes.

"I need to get out," I said to myself

I'm starting to consider what Mia told me. She told me to go out and look for a girlfriend and that exactly what I am going to do. I have to move on. I can keep drooling over my best friend who has a boyfriend. I can't keep doing this.

I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a white tee shirt and a pair of dark ripped jeans. I grabbed an army green jacket and put on my vans.

I grabbed my phone and my wallet off the nightstand and walked downstairs

I grabbed my phone and my wallet off the nightstand and walked downstairs. No one else was in the house, but I didn't care. I got into my car and drove to Santa Monica.

I parked the car and walked around. I didn't know where to go or what I was doing. Was I in the search for a girlfriend or was I trying to forget about Mia? I think we all know the answer to this one.

I walked into Starbucks and ordered an iced coffee and went to sit outside. I was sitting in the cold metal chairs watching people come and go when I heard someone say something.

"Is someone sitting here?" I looked up and saw a girl with dark brown hair and bark skin.

"No"

"Do you mind?" She asked signaling in she could sit.

I just nodded my head in response.

"So, what a handsome guy like you doing sitting here all alone?"

"Trying to free my mind"

"From a girl. I see" she said raising her eyebrow and nodding her head.

"How'd you know?" I said seeming more interested in what she has to say.

"I can just tell. Wanna talk about it?"

"It's just, I like my best friend and I told her and I ruined everything. We made a pact that we would stay friends no matter what and I ruined that. I told her how I felt and now I can't face her. I'm so embarrassed; I literally admitted that I loved her now I can't face her. She has a boyfriend that she is crazy about and I can't ruin that for her."

"Wow. So first of all, you shouldn't blame yourself because of your feelings. You can't control them. Second of all, you shouldn't stop being friends with her because of your feelings. As you said, you guys made a pact"

"Whats your name?" I asked her

"Jana, you?"

"Daniel" I smiled at myself realizing that, I was able to at least make a friend

Jana and I were talking for a while. We got to know each other and she is really nice and outgoing. She isn't afraid to speak her mind, but when she doesn't, it isn't in the rude way you would think. She is nice and honest about it. When I was with her, I wasn't thinking about Mia, I wasn't thinking about the boys, I was just thinking about her and me.

"What are you doing tonight?"  I asked her as she took a sip of her coffee

"NOthing. Why?"

"Do you maybe want to come over and you can meet my roommates and we can have a movie night or something?"

"sure, I would love to," She said smiling

"Give me your number and I will text you the address"

***

6:30 pm

I was sitting on the couch watching my show when I heard someone knock on the door. I opened the door and saw Jana.

"Wow. This is a really nice house."

"Yeah, I know"

"Whose at the door?" I turned around and saw Mia standing there with a blank face.

"Hi I'm Jana," She walked over to Mia and put her hand out to shake "So your the famous Mia. I've heard a lot about you"

"Yup. That's me. Can I get you anything?" Mia said

"No, I'm good for now but thank you"

Mia turned around and walked off.

"Come on, ill give you a tour"

______________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter
Make sure to vote
Love you guys