Chapter 19- Mistake

Play song above
Sandcastles-Adam Jenson

I got to the house and ran inside. I was looking for him everywhere but I couldn't find him. I was about to open the door to the backyard when I saw his sitting on the grass with Jana kissing. I was broken; I felt numb. I turned around and walked back to my room.

This is my fault. It's all my fault. I should've gone with him. I should've told him I loved him so much and I could've been with him. We could've been together but I decided not to. I put others before my self. I was too afraid of hurting Chris when I knew he would understand.

I fell back onto my bed and let the tears slip down my face.

Why am I crying? I shouldn't be crying. Especially over a boy. That's not who I am.

After a while of thinking, I ended up crying myself to sleep.

***

I woke up fully clothed on top of the blankets. At first, I was confused on how I got to my room but then I remembered what happened. It was all a blur, literally.

I got out of the bed and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and turned on the coffee machine. As I was leaning on the counter I started to think.

I don't care anymore. What is there to care about. I don't have a boyfriend, I'm never going to be with Daniel, I don't have a job, I don't have friends. I have nothing to lose. I just don't care anymore.

I grabbed my coffee and sat at the counter. As I took a sip everyone entered the kitchen. Including Jana.

"Oh great, look who's here for the thousandth time. It's Jana!" I said with a fake smile.

"Hey!" Jonah said glaring at me.

"What," I said glaring back at him

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," Zach said

"Yup and someone also woke up in someone else's bed this morning," I said looking at Jana and Daniel

"Quit it!" Daniel said

"Make. Me." I rolled my eyes at him and took another sip of my coffee.

"I'm guessing Chris didn't give you enough attention yesterday, did he," Daniel said giving me a pouty face.

"Fuck you"

"Guessing you didn't get much of that last night," Daniel said to me.

I got up and walked into the other room.

I sat in the office and shook my head.

I was sitting in the chair and I heard knocks on the door. I looked up and saw Aspen.

"Oh great, another person here to annoy me. What do you want?"

"Damn, the boys where right. What crawled up your ass last night?"

"At least I'm not the one in this house dressing like a slut trying to get with every guy I see."

"wow. You need to chill"

"don't tell me to chill," I said getting up from the chair and standing in front of her

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Excuse me?" I said getting in her face

"You need to back up," Aspen said pushing me back