Pt.2|Ch.2

"Raise your..."

"Raise your...voice?" I asked, biting my lip.

Sky nodded. "Hopeful voice. Try it."

"Will you do it with me?"

He nodded again. "One...two...three..."

I took a deep breath, singing my part of the lyric with him.

"Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice,
You'll make it now."

"There you go." He smiled. "And that's your hardest note."

I nodded. "Okay."

"Don't sweat it." He handed me the sheet music. "You've got a bit of time to get comfortable with it."

"I shouldn't have taken so long to choose a song in the first place." I mumbled, my eyes scanning the notes. "It really pays that Aiden's a 'closet-love-song-listener'. If she hadn't told me about the song, then I wouldn't have one at all."

He raised an eyebrow. "I don't know if 'told' is the word I'd use, perse."

"What word would you use?"

"I don't know." He shrugged, glancing at Aiden as she walked into the living room. "'Screamed', maybe? Is there even a word that can describe the sound that came out of your mouth?"

She rolled her eyes, slipping her jacket onto her shoulders. "I did not scream. An excited shriek, maybe, but not a scream."

"That's the same thing."

She shot him a glare. "You try finding a song that includes everything you secretly love and cherish and tell me you wouldn't freak out."

"I thought you were dying." He crossed his arms. "And it does not combine everything you love and cherish."

"How would you know?" She countered.

"Because I'm not in it. Therefore—"

"I said 'secretly love'." She cut him off, shaking her head."And I'm not sure it would've been safe for you to be in that show. I would've freaked out a lot more."

"Think arson." I said teasingly. "Murder, bloodshed, and that's only the front page headlines."

"Shut up." She playfully slapped me upside the head. "Alright, I'm making a grocery run. Do you need anything?"

"I'm good." I smirked. "But if you're gonna dye your hair again, please let us know in advance this time."

She shook her head, causing her newly turquoise curls to bounce up and down. "I make no promises." She said mischievously, before turning to Sky. "Do you need anything?"

He nodded. "Can you kiss me before you leave?"

She rolled her eyes and pressed her lips to his cheek.

He frowned. "I meant on the mouth."

"What am I gonna do with you?" She mumbled, but she did as he asked.

"Thank you." He smiled.

"You're ridiculous." She headed toward the front door. "I'll be back in a little while."

"Bye," I called before she stepped out.

Sky stared after her. "I have a major crush on her."

I laughed. "Good thing she's dating you."

"Yeah." He exhaled, sitting back against the couch. "Have you heard from Ben recently?"