1

Author's Note: I have removed this story. I'm considering posting it on a different platform

Yazmine

Amari Love Williams was a lot of things. She was my best friend. She was a sweetheart. She was five feet three inches of peanut butter brown curves. She was eighteen. She was the beautiful one.

Every friend group has the beautiful one, the smart one, the funny one, and the hoe. Since our friend group was just us two, and had been since we sat side by side on the bus in third grade, we had to play more than one role.

Amari was, as I mentioned before, the beautiful one. She was also the, and I mean no disrespect, but she was also the hoe. I was the funny one and the smart one. We were a perfect pair.

"Yazzy, get over here!" Amari yelled from the front door. I looked up from where I was standing in front of the refrigerator in our brand new apartment.

"Mari, what?" I groaned. I closed the fridge, since it was empty. I walked through the kitchen until I came to the front door and stood by her.

"Look!" She whisper yelled. I looked outside. All over, I saw shirtless guys lugging furniture from moving vans. In the unit across from us, a pair of guys were jogging back to their van.

One was tall, with a fade, and chocolatey skin. He had on basketball shorts and nothing else, except a pair of old Air Force 1s. His dark skin dripped with sweat, and I couldn't help but notice his abs were glistening. And damn, they were some nice abs. His friend was a couple inches shorter, and built more like a football player, he was all broad shoulders, muscled legs. His skin was the color of caramel and as he laughed at something I saw a pair of dimples.

"Damn," I said.

"Girl, I want me some of that," Amari said, licking her lips. "If this is what college boys look like, I'm glad I came."

Amari and I were both about to start our freshman year at Unity U. We had opted out of living on campus, since we wanted to be roommates. At first, I was tore up about not getting to experience dorm life, but after getting a look at some of my potential neighbors I was glad we weren't in a dorm with all girls and hella rules.

Like the lurkers we were, Amari and I continued to study Fine Thing 1 and 2 from our doorway. Suddenly, the shorter one looked up, and caught us looking. He said something to his friend and both of them looked in our direction.

"Oh shi-!" Lightening fast I snatched Amari by her arm and yanked her inside the apartment, slamming the door closed when she was fully inside.

"Yazzy what the hell!" I payed Amari and her little hissy fit no mind as I locked the front door. My daddy always taught me safety first and who knew what kind of crazies were also tenants in our complex. "They were just about to come over here," Amari whined.

"Are you crazy? We can't let them come over here, we don't know them! Yeah, they both fine as hell but I'm not tryna end up on First 48 because you wanted some dick! We need to like, I don't know do background checks before we have folks up in here!"

"You sound paranoid," Amari grouched. Before I could respond there was a knock at the door and we both went for the peephole. Amari shoved me out of the way and got there first. "It's them," she sang, unbolting all the locks I had in place.

There was nothing I could do as Amari threw open the door and invited the guys in except stand to the side with a mean mug.

I heard a deep voice say, "I'm Trey and this is my boy Devonte."

"I'm Amari! Y'all come on in and I'll introduce you to my best friend."

I didn't even bother introducing myself, I just walked to the living room. Thankfully, we already had our furniture in, so I dropped into a couch.