35

A/N: This POV was much requested. Thanks for your patience. And as always, thanks for the 💜.

Trey

"So whachu saying to me, Mari?" I sat on her couch, arms folded. She was sitting down too, and she finally was looking like herself again. Which meant she was looking good as fuck.

Her curly hair was falling all down her shoulders. The bruising on her face was all gone, and her eyes looked less haunted. Her body was also looking right in a sports bra and some shorts. Her stomach was flat and gave no indication of her pregnancy. Amari was beautiful. But she was also trouble and my mind knew it even if my dick ain't.

When I first saw her, way back when me and Tae were moving in, I could tell. But she was sexy as fuck. And she knew it too. Whatever insecurities Amari had about herself, none of them extended to her appearance. She was bad, and she carried herself in a way that made a nigga look. Most girls don't know how to do that shit, just enough confidence in yo step to not be cocky. Amari had that.

Yeah we fucked, and I thought we might be able to build, but then I realized she was one of those. Those girls that never had enough love so they were stingy with theirs. So I started falling back, but shit, we still fucked.

Maybe she ain't know how to love but she knew how to fuck. I ain't have much experiences when it came to relationships anyways, is what I told myself. Then my nigga Devonte had to go and start feeling Yaz. And Amari and Yaz fell off, fell out, whatever the fucking phrase is. Yaz was all in my place and Amari was ghost. But Yaz and me became close, and I had to choose a side. I chose Yaz, for Devonte. Or maybe I chose Yaz because I knew I needed to stay away from Amari. Yet, here I was.

Anari sighed, irritating me.

"Girl, I know you did not just sigh at me!"

"Okay, damn! I wanted you to come over here so I could tell you, to your face, I'm pregnant and it's not yours." She folded her arms too.

Ain't that some shit. "How you know, though?" I mean, I wanted what she was saying to be true, but I needed some proof.

"Cuz." She looked away. "I'm only about a month along. And me and you stopped messing around way more than a month ago."

That was true. After Amari and Yaz's fight, which according to Tae was World Star worthy, me and Amari stopped fucking. That was months ago, plural.

"Aight." I started to get up.

"Where you going?"

"I mean, you told me what you wanted to tell me, I thought we was done."

"I...you don't wanna stay?"

I groaned. "For what Mari?"

I knew what she was trying to do. In the last few weeks, when I volunteered to keep an eye on her, I spent a lot of time in this apartment. With Amari. Trying to figure out why I was drawn to her.

"I miss you."

I wasn't stupid. I knew she wasn't good for me, and she probably ain't even care about me. She just ain't wanna be alone.

"I gotta go."

She opened her mouth to protest but before she could speak, there was a knock at the door.

"Man who the fuck-" I looked at her. "How many niggas you called over here to let them know it ain't their baby?"

She looked hurt. "Just you." Getting up, she headed for the door.

"Wait!" I whispered yelled. "You don't really got friends at the moment, so who you expecting?" I wasn't tryna be funny. This girl had really alienated herself up here in Indiana. I was starting to wonder why she didn't just go back home to Atlanta.