8

Devonte

When classes started on Monday, I was low key glad. I hadn't been doing shit but playing 2k over the weekend. I mean, I messed around with some of my songs, and I visited Bre, to make sure she ate and shit, but that was basically it.

My first class was Spanish, and I hated that shit. But I needed this degree. When I walked into class, ten minutes late, all eyes were on me. The professor was a tall woman, made taller by her heels. She looked young, couldn't have been over thirty, and she was pretty, with tan skin, glossed lips, and long curly blond hair. Before she turned around I saw that she had ass. Her shit was fat. Her name was Maria Gomez.

"Nice of you to join us," Gomez said, looking me in the eye. College professors loved putting people on the spot, but I was used to the shit so I just gave her a mug and found a seat. She was acting like we were gonna do shit in the class on the first day.

The first day of classes were a real life waste of time. As Professor Gomez went over the syllabus, I zoned out.

"And what is my policy on tardiness to class, Senor Taylor?" That was from Gomez. My last name was Taylor but shit, I was sure I wasn't the only person with Taylor as their last name.

"Devonte Taylor?"

I looked up. "Si?"

"What's my policy on tardiness?"

The bitch was just being petty now. But, a nigga needed an A. Not that I would get one, since me and Spanish ain't get along, but every participation point counts. I already read her syllabus over the weekend so I answered without glancing at the handout. "Three tardies is an absence."

I could tell me and Senora Gomez were gonna be beefing, all semester '18.

When class was over, I popped up from my seat, ready to bounce. Gomez had other ideas. "Devonte, can I speak to you?"

I watched everyone else walk out the classroom to their freedom. "Yeah."

Here we go. Professor Gomez closed the door behind the last student, leaving her and I in the classroom alone.

She sat down on the desk, and her skirt went up a couple inches. I tried not to look, but shit. Even though her attitude was nasty, she was bad.

"I saw your grades from Spanish 102 and I was not impressed. In fact, I almost recommended you repeat 102 instead of joining my class, but I was told that you worked hard and with a little extra help, you would be fine at the 200 level." She licked her lips. "Do you feel comfortable at the 200 level?"

"Yeah."

"If, and that's a big if, you are positive, I'm recommending that you come to my office hours, every week for help. Starting next week."

I could see she wasn't gonna give me a choice in the matter. "Aight."

"See you Wednesday, Senor Taylor." Now she was biting her lip.

As I walked out, I shook my head. She wanted the D.

Back when me and Cody were cool, he told me a lotta shit about Maria Gomez. He was taking her 201 class as a freshman, since he tested out of the 100 level. Cody actually was good at Spanish, his ass was smart when it came to that shit. But, he liked to go to office hours to get a personal relationship with his professors, for all the recommendations and shit he needed.

That nigga got too personal in Gomez's office hours. Nigga told me when she came, she would moan in Spanish. So I already knew what was up when it came to office hours. I ain't have no problem with Professor pussy, but I was straight at the moment. Later in the semester when my grades started dipping I might consider it though. Desperate times and shit.