7

A/N: OMG! 1k! Gang, gang! Y'all the best, I swear. & this chapter is hella short so I'm posting two tonight. 💜💜

Yazmine

Monday morning I was up at 7:00 to get ready for my first college class ever. My perky, overachieving ass had signed up for an 8:00 am. I also forced Amari to register with me. The good news was it was just a yoga class.

"I can't believe that nigga did me like that," I grumbled from the mirror in the bathroom. Even though we had our own bathrooms, it felt nice doing my makeup with Amari by my side. Well, I was trying to do my makeup. I was still mad about what happened when I went to Cody's dorm.

"Niggas ain't shit," Amari laughed. "He ain't have to leave your ass in the room like that though!"

The reason I was mad was because the night with Cody started off good, or whatever. We were talking and laughing and having a good time. We even played some of the Game, and I was actually beating him. I used to play the Game with Rico's ass all the time so I know what's up. Everything was going lovely, Cody was smelling good and I was thinking that maybe we could be more than friends in the future. Then this nigga gets a phone call and I can just tell it's some bitch. First off, her voice was high pitched as fuck. It was not even cute, it was low key whiny.

I didn't hear exactly what she said but I know it was probably something freaky because that nigga jumped up from the X Box like his draws were on fire. He talking about some, "Hold on Yaz, I'll be right back. Camille's having an emergency." I wanted to say "What kind of emergency requires Trojans?" since his ass wasn't even slick when he put them condoms in his pocket but I ain't say nothing. "Don't go nowhere," he told me. "I'm a be right back."

Let's just say he didn't come right back and after I waited almost two hours for him I Ubered home. So yeah, niggas ain't shit.

"You know he texted me the next day like shit was sweet. Left his ass on read," I stated proudly. I gave up on my makeup. After all, we were just going to yoga. All I did was fill in my brows and I was tired.

"Trifling ass nigga." Amari shook her head in disgust.

I surveyed my outfit. I had on some Pink leggings and a tank top. My braids were in a high ponytail . Basic, but it was 7:45 am and I ain't feel like putting effort in. I waited for Amari to finish her makeup. Even though we both had our own cars, we were going to ride together since we were going to the same class.

I was nervous about starting classes. It wasn't high school anymore, this was college. I had always been a good student, but who knew if I could continue that trend in college. I planned to major in Art, but I was taking General Ed requirements all
Freshman year.

The ride to campus flew by. Before I knew it, we were walking towards the athletic center. The universe must have been trying to shit on me or something because the first person I saw when Amari and I went inside was Cody.

His eyes lit up when he saw me. "Yaz!"

This nigga. I kept walking, doing my best deaf act. He came over to us, ignoring the fact that I was ignoring him. He looked good, but so far, he always looked good. I already found out that he had other shortcomings.

"Damn, so you not gonna speak?"

"She don't got shit to say to you, nigga!" Amari came to my rescue since my mouth was stuck on silent.

"Aight. I just wanted to make sure she was good the other night, that's why I texted her. Make sure she got home safe and shit. Obviously, she cool." He put his hands up and backed away, going inside the gym.

Amari peered at me. "You straight?"

"Yeah. Damn it ain't that deep," I grumbled. "I just ain't wanna talk to him. Now where's our class at?"

The yoga class turned out to be on the second floor. When we got there, it was actually a pretty full class. After my run in with Cody, I really needed something to relax me, and yoga was perfect.

As I did the poses and stretches, I kept thinking on how I basically froze up in front of Cody. Part of it was I didn't want to talk to him, but the other part was that I didn't do confrontation well. Like how when his roommate called me a bitch and I let it slide.

When was I going to find my voice?