37

A/N: Okay guys so I have a question. It's not really about my story lol but kinda is. So I know y'all saw how I made it such that the baby wasn't Devonte's. I ain't want this book to have baby momma drama lol. But do any of y'all have personal experiences being in a relationship and having to deal with baby momma drama? Like I really wanna know! How was that? I personally never have so I'm like so curious. Like I'm curious to the point that you can DM me lol and tell me about it. I only seen it on books and movies and I was like oh nah I could never. So I never talked to a guy with kids lol. Anywaysssss here goes the chapter. Warning: it's short.

Yazmine

I was in the kitchen, fixing dinner when Devonte stormed in. I looked up, from where I was cutting potatoes. Oh shit, he was mad as hell. I could tell by the way he looked like he was trying to control his emotions.

"So you was just gonna move out without saying shit to me?" He asked this in a tone so quiet, if you didn't know him, you would think everything was Gucci. But I knew him. He was furious.

"What? Of course not!"

"So why am I finding out you moving out from Trey, instead of you?" Now his voice rose.

I put down the knife and folded my arms. "We both agreed that I would only be staying with y'all temporarily."

"Yeah, before you was my girlfriend. Now you my girl, you can stay." He turned, as if the discussion was over.

"I can't live with you, that ain't fair to Trey," I called after him.

"What I just say to you?"

"You can't make executive decisions, Devonte, you need to see how Trey feels about this. He allowed me to stay here, temporarily. I found a place and a roommate, so it's time for me to go."

"Fuck how Trey feels about it." He walked back into the kitchen, cornering me. "Who's yo roommate?"

"A friend of Tasha's."

"So you don't even know the girl?"

"No, but-"

"You staying."

I started to protest.

"Okay, then why don't you move in with me?"

I rolled my eyes. "I already live with you, nigga."

"Nah, you live with me and Trey. But we can both move out, together."

"You can't just leave Trey high and dry like that, though. I'm sure he would rather split the rent with someone instead of paying all of it."

"I'll talk to Trey."

He walked out the kitchen. Irritated, I went back to chopping vegetables. It wasn't that I ain't want to live with Devonte, but the only reason I agreed to even live with him and Trey was because it was supposed to be temporary. My parents would kill me twice if they knew my living arrangements. I was already lying about where I was staying. They had no clue I didn't live in the apartment I used to share with Amari.

I was definitely in love with Devonte, but sometimes he was too controlling. Like how you gonna tell me where ima live? I dumped the potatoes on a baking tray. Matter of fact, nah I was moving out. And not to live with Devonte.

I was making rosemary crusted potato wedges. While I preheated the oven, I dipped chicken that I had already rinsed into flour and seasoning.

I started frying the chicken, standing as far back from the stove as I could. As the chicken sizzled, I slid the tray of potatoes in the oven and set a timer.

The front door opened and Trey hobbled in. "Aye, I smell dinner!"

I rolled my eyes. Reaching for my phone, I picked it up and checked my messages. Tasha had texted me that she was on her way.

"Chill," I said to Trey. "This ain't for you."

He mugged me. "Who it for then?"

"Me," I laughed. "And my friends."

"What friends?"

There was a knock at the door. "Those friends," I tossed over my shoulder as I went to open the door.

"Hey bitch!" Tasha sang. "I brought the liquor and the sugar!" She looked stunning in a simple pair of skinny jeans and light sweater and UGGs. Right behind her was Candy. Candy looked cute too with her hair up in a bun and huge hoops. She was dressed in a fitted sweatsuit.

"Oh shit, I like these friends." Trey smirked down at her.

"Byeee," I laughed. I took the bottle from Tasha and the plastic shopping bag that was filled with snacks. We were having a little girls' night in.

"Go play the game or something," I told Trey, shooing him out of the living room. "I'll save you some food, dang."

"How you gonna kick me out? This my place," he grouched. But he still left.

I sighed, looking at my friends. "I told y'all, I need my own spot."

Tasha chewed on a Twizzler. "Ion know, you living with two fine ass boys, what's not to love?" She started for the kitchen. "But damn, that shit that went down, was crazy. Can't believe Trey got shot."

Candy and I followed her.

"What I can't believe is that Amari just up and left like she ain't cause all these problems." That remark was from Candy.

I ain't wanna get into it again. "Let's eat." That was my best attempt at changing the subject.

The food was ready so I started assembling it on serving platters. "Aw Chef Yaz y'all," Candy was recording me for her snap.

I flushed and tried to hide my face. When Candy stopped recording, we started fixing plates.

"So how's life?" I asked them. Since Thanksgiving break, my life had been on fast forward. I was constantly busy, with classes, running, tutoring, Devonte, and now Trey.

"Same ol' same ol'." Candy perched on the counter. "Work, class, work, class. I been talking to a football player though, nothing heavy, yet."

"Okayyyyy," I said. "Which one? Not that I know the football players."

"His name Cortez but he go by CJ. Brown skin, with all that curly hair."

I shook my head. "I don't know him."

"Girl he is fineeeee. I be at the football games, I don't even give a fuck about football." She fanned herself, causing Tasha and I to laugh.

"Yeah I be at them too, just to support my baby, cuz I ain't into football either." It was ironic that both my ex and current boyfriend played football because of the simple fact that it wasn't a sport I really enjoyed watching. I liked basketball. But I kept falling for football players.

"What we drinking?" Candy had finished making her plate and inspected the bottle Tasha brought.

"Bitch, I don't know I stole that from my roommate," Tasha said all nonchalant.

"What?" I mugged her.

She shrugged. "I mean she gave it to me."

"Yeah okay."

We took our plates and the bottle into the living room to start our movie marathon. We barely even watched the movie, and spent the night joking, talking, and bonding.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe everything was finally going back to normal.