6

A/N: y'all really be having me dying in the comments omg 😂😂. But aye almost to 1k reads! Y'all the best 💜

Devonte

After I saw Yazmine with Cody, I knew I should keep my distance. So Friday night, I went out of character and I went with Trey to some house party. I wasn't really the party type, not because I thought I was above them, but because they were so loud. I liked to be able to hear my own thoughts. I didn't like being somewhere where you had to yell to carry on a conversation.

I met this senior there, and since Trey never came home after parties, I took her back to our place, another out of character move. But I was a little faded and she was beautiful and the night was still young.

We fucked, and it was good. The best part about it was that when I woke up the next morning she was gone. Of course Bre had called me a hundred times the night before.

I loved Bre. I did, even though I was no longer in love with her. But I didn't know how long I could be there for her if she wouldn't be there for herself. Shit was stressful. She was dangerously depressed, to the point that she wasn't eating enough, and she never left the house. She needed help, professional help, more than I could give her.

I decided to deal with her later. Getting out of the bed, I stumbled to the bathroom to wash up. I was hungry, so I went to the kitchen. Of course, we ain't have no food. I was tired and I ain't feel like going to the store, especially since I couldn't take Trey's car since he was gone.

"Fuck!" All we had in the fridge was some milk. That reminded me, that I used to have cereal too, before Amari ate it all. Shit, she owed me some breakfast.

Making a split second decision, I put on my slides and went out the front door. Weak ass sunlight was showing, since it was slick early. Fuck the time. I walked my black ass right on over to the apartment where Amari lived. Cereal thief ass.

I started banging on the door. A couple minutes passed and there was no response. Just when I was about to walk away, Yazmine yanked the door open, eyes wide and worried.

"What happened? What's wrong? Is everything okay?" She gasped.

I felt kind of bad that she was so worked up but I was on a mission.

"Where's Amari at?" I asked, ignoring her questions.

I heard a voice in the background. "Who's beating at the door like they twelve?"

"It's Devonte, he wants you." Yazmine tossed the words over her shoulder then opened the door wider. Now I could see all into the house, and the first thing I noticed was both of these girls were half naked. Yazmine had on a pair of pink shorts so tiny, they almost wasn't shorts. They were those shiny kind, and the tank top she wore matched it. She had on one of those sleep cap shits, a bonnet.

I came inside and closed the door so the whole damn complex wasn't seeing her body. "What's up Tae?" Amari was smiling at me sexily and she looked good in her own sleep set, a red one made of velvet or some shit, but that's not what I came for.

"What's up? Fuck you think this is, stop with the smiles girl! You ate my cereal." I crossed my arms and mugged her.

She sputtered with laughter. "I know you ain't come all the way over here for some cereal I ate like two days ago. Boy byeeee!"

Now Yaz was cracking up too but I was deadass. However, I was done talking to Amari. I just walked pass both of them into their kitchen. Opening the fridge, I felt myself salivating. The fridge was packed!

I could see all the typical breakfast food, like eggs, turkey bacon, and cheese lining the shelves. I peeped some chicken too, and healthy salad shit. I closed the fridge and reached for the cabinets. There was hella food there too, cereal, but also snacks, like chips, cookies, and other shit.

The audacity of this girl to come to my crib and eat up my cereal when she wasn't missing no meals. Meanwhile I'm starving. I helped myself to a honeybun, but after I ate it I wasn't satisfied. So I started opening cabinets and drawers, finding a frying pan and some other dishes. Hearing all the commotion, Yaz and Amari came into the kitchen. Yaz took a seat at the kitchen table.

"What you doing?" Amari came to hover over my shoulder, like I wasn't beyond tired of her ass.

I just kept pulling food out of the fridge: eggs, cheese, and turkey bacon. Then, I cracked three eggs and scrambled them. When they were almost done, I added the cheese. I clicked on another burner and handed Amari the turkey bacon. "If you gonna be over here, fry this up right quick."

Pretty soon she had the turkey bacon sizzling. "So you can't speak, huh Devonte? But I guess you just gonna come over here and eat up all our food!" Yaz ranted.

"Yo. This ain't even gonna make a dent in your food supply, meanwhile your homegirl had to eat all of mine. My fridge on E, damn." The eggs were done so I picked up a plate and put most of them on it, then snatched some bacon out of Amari's pan.

I ain't even wait for it to cool off. Just started shoving forkfuls of eggs in my mouth. I was a real nigga anyway, and a little steam never hurt me.

Yazmine got up and went to the stove. "I allowed your fat ass to cook our food thinking you would at least fix us some breakfast too but you just don't got no type of manners," she grumbled.

"Nah I saved you some. Just not your little friend Amari."

"Wowww," Amari said. "You petty."

"We can split what's left, girl." Yazmine tried to be nice.

"Girl that ain't enough for two people! But it's cool, I'll just make some more." Amari turned to me with her hands on her hips. "Go home, you got some food, it better be good too. Eating like you never ate in your life."

I was already done with my food, so I stole one more piece of bacon and left out the kitchen.

I went back to my own spot, bored as fuck. Wasn't shit to do. The place was finally unpacked too, so I couldn't even do that. I decided to play some 2k. But first I went to my room and got my phone.

I had a text, from an unsaved number.

When you gonna let me do a split on that dick again?

It had to be ol' girl from last night. I ain't reply. I started playing 2k and got lost in the game. I heard keys in the lock, and Trey came in, in his clothes from last night, smelling like weed and yesterday.

"Nigga, you up early," he said spotting me instantly.

"And you was out late. Who give a fuck?"

"I saw you leave with shawty. Did you smash?" He came into the living room like he didn't need to be taking a fucking shower or at least changing his clothes.

I gave him a look. "Nigga."

"Oh shit, my nigga out here in these cheeks!" He tried to give me dap so I let him dap the controller. "It was kinda dark in that spot but in that lighting, she was bad as fuck. I mean she ain't have nothing on my bitch, aha, but she was bad."

"Nigga you ain't get no type of pussy," I said dryly.

"Fuckkkkk you mean I was right across the street fucking Amari."

That got my attention. "Word?"

"Yeah, nigga. The roommate was out with my man Cody, he had her virgin looking ass out late too! I left out they spot at like two am to go smoke with some of my niggas and she still wasn't back." He started heading his room, hopefully to wash his ass. "But shit I'm tired as a mothafuh." He disappeared in his room.

My dumbass tried to process that Cody had Yaz out that late. I couldn't even be mad, I was blowing a bitch's back out last night. Nah, fuck that. I was mad. Especially when I started picturing how Yaz looked this morning. All that brown skin exposed. Nah, I was definitely mad. Punk ass Cody was fucking my shit up.

Then I started getting mad at myself. What type of fuck shit was I on? Yaz wasn't my girl and I wasn't her nigga. If she liked lames, there were plenty of those to go around. I went back to my 2k game, mad as hell so of course I beat the breaks off the other team.