31

Yazmine

I ain't even wanna go back to campus. But I had to, and so on Saturday night I boarded a plane and flew back to Indiana. Over the past few days, I had been texting and calling Devonte and he told me everything was good with his dad, which I found hard to believe.

But I was happy for him, and I was happy he was letting me in without me having to beg him. He was picking me up from the airport. Well, he and Trey were.

I walked outside. My phone started ringing. "Hello?"

"Where you at girl?" It was Trey.

"I'm outside, by the-"

"Wait I see you. In the damn fluffy ear hat."

"It's not an ear hat," I sputtered. He was talking about my ear muffs. "Stupid ass."

"Whatever. Ain't even that cold. We coming."

He hung up and I spotted the car. Devonte was actually driving. He got out the car, leaving it running.

"I missed you," I whined, as he hugged me.

"It's only right," he smirked. He leaned down and I went in for a kiss, tasting the familiar taste of him. His tongue snaked out and he grabbed my ass. "What you got on?" He murmured.

"Get y'all asses in the car and stop tryna fuck!" Trey yelled. He climbed out and went to the driving seat. "Before I leave both of y'all, aha."

Devonte took hold of my suitcase handle. I really looked at him, and he looked good, and he ain't have that storm in his eyes he usually had when he thought about his father. He pecked my lips. Then he sucked the bottom one.

"Yo lips cold," he said.

I pulled back. "Gimme my lips back," I said laughing.

"Bet." He went over and tossed my bag in the trunk. I got in the car, in the back and he climbed in the passenger.

"How was y'all break?" I asked, pulling out my phone and scrolling through the gram.

"Much needed. I don't even wanna go back to class tomorrow. Man, that's why Thanksgiving break a joke, like you be all happy like you really on break and it's like sike, back to class niggas," Trey ranted.

"You saw your family and everything?"

"I saw my sister, Ciara. Me and her went to Tae house Thursday. What about you?"

I jumped up and down in my seat. "I saw everybody, Zaire and Zaria and my niece and nephew and I took pictures ima show y'all later. Devonte, how was your break?"

"Girl, I told you already."

"Okayyyy, but I wanna hear again."

"Shudda thought about that before you took your lips back. Selfish ass."

"I don't even wanna know what y'all talking about," Trey said. "Nasty mothafuckas." He met my eyes in the mirror. "Saw Amari?"

"Yeah. Her and her parents came to my house. She not coming back till tomorrow." I scrunched up my face. "So what's up with you and Amari? Y'all talk now?"

"Nah, not really."

"You tryna talk?"

"Damn shawty what's up with all the questions, is you the feds?"

"What's up with all the avoiding the questions, is you hiding something?" I clapped back.

"Oh look, we here." Trey tried to avoided my question once again. He parked and jumped out the car.