2. The talk

"Adillll" Nirvana was the first one to notice her Adit chachu, while I was as usual stuck with my endless thought process.

"Hey princess!" Adit hopped towards us, holding two huge umbrellas in both his hands. "Take this" He handed me one and took Nirvana from my arms. He planted a small kiss on her cheek and whispered in an animated tone- "Lets go home, love."

"Yeaaay." Nirvana reciprocated her excitement by kissing Adit back and the uncle-niece duo set off towards the white jaguar waiting on the other side of the road.

And yes, both of them didn't care to notice me anyhow.

It was still okay. I mean seeing my baby comfortable with someone else who was not her parent, was never an usual sight and it just made me so happy. But then the question stuck me. How come she still remembered Adit's name? When we had left for Mumbai, she was only 1 year 4months old. Three years had passed after that. Quite a long time for a child to forget someone, isn't it? But she did remember Adit. Quite surprisingly. Meant that she missed him all the while. And this in turn meant that she missed her daddy too.

-Oh god! Did she really miss Dev? But she never mentioned about it?!

Even after whatever happened last year and the year before that, do you still think your baby is gonna forget her father?

-Uff.. not again yaar. Please stop this topic now.

As if that will solve all your problems!

"Nitzy? Whats up darlo? Why are you taking so much time??"
Adit's voice broke my reverie. I shook my head and looked up. He had already settled in the back seat of his car with Nirvana upon his lap. Now he was asking me to come in. Embarrassed, I nodded slightly and stretched my hands to collect of my luggage. Only to find that it was missing from its place.

-Shit. My bag??

"It has been kept in the dikky." Adit shouted again, making me mentally palm my face for my utter hoplessness.

"Coming." I answered and hurried to his direction.

                                •

"Nirvi, you want to play games on my phone?" Adit asked Nirvana who had been chattering non-stop with her excitement reached to an altogether different level.

-She bonded quite well with Adit. But what is this excitement about? God knows!!

"Mommy?" She looked at me for an approval.

-How come she's been hit with such mannerism?

"Mobiles aren't meant for children to play. Didn't I tell you already?" I raised my brows and she curled back in Adit's lap.

"Mommy saying 'no'." She told him disheartendly.

"Mommy says lots of things. You don't need to follow everything baby." Adit winked and I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Adit?!!!"

He mouthed a small 'sorry', but gave his phone to Nirvana at the end, ignoring me to the extent as if I didn't exist at all!

I huffed in frustration and lowered the glass of my side of the window to look out at nowhere. A gentle lash of wind touched my face during this process and the raindrops splattered against against my skin jovially. Together, they lifted up my mood within no time, making me smile like a happy_go_lucky school kid.

But before I could even register to this new found happiness, my stubborn mind pulled me down to the memory lane and all my euphoria got vapourised into a huge bout of nostalgia.