20. The darker shade of yellow

"What the heeeell! The ceremony will be starting in just twenty minutes and you're still lying on bed!!!... Get up, you sleepy ass!!" Raima threw her pajama at my face as she kept shouting at the top of her voice.

I, however, didn't get up from my pillow. Forget getting up, I didn't even flinch a bit, nor did I open my eyes, and that was what made Raima far more furious to shout back-

"Are you kidding me Nitz? Its 11 in the morning and you are still sleepi......"

The sudden pause in her cacophony was almost like a danger alarm for me. It made me alert, and curious at the same time. How I wished to open my eyes and see what was going on near me! But knowing the fact that my pretence was the most important at this moment, I gulped all my curiousities and continued acting like a sleeping dead.

"Wait... are you really sleeping or just pretending to be asleep?"

Thats it. She had caught me.

"You are doing this drama just so that you can skip Kshitiz-Amaya's haldi's ceremony. Isn't it Nitzy?" She huffed irritatedly and I felt her breathes directly over my lips.... She was 'that' close to my face, inspecting out her assumptions without leaving the slightest chance for any loopholes.

"This is the last ceremony before their wedding takes place! Do you even realise that huh??" She rambled again.

But this time, I found her breathes moving away from me.

I let out a small sigh of relief and curled my feet under the duvet.

"Why are you being such a spoil sport? You know right that if YOU don't go to the haldi ceremony then I, too, can't be a part of it!"

Even if I don't go there then also you can enjoy the ceremony at its fullest becoz You and Amaya are bonding really well these days! So just stop your bullshit and let me be a peace, please!! - I wanted to say.

But once again I had to keep my mouth shut and curse away my luck, mentally.

"You don't want to talk to me right? Fine. Don't talk. Talk to Amaya instead.. I am going to call her now." She said, and I heard her stomping her feet as she scurried towards the door.

"Just remember that even if I bond well with Amaya, I can't still enjoy her haldi ceremony if YOU are not there beside me.... only YOU are my bestfriend Nitz.. and if I am standing here on this ship today, then that is also becoz of YOU. Patching up with you, was the only cause that brought me here... So if YOU are not there in today's ceremony, then I am also not going to be a part if it."

That was the last thing I heard before the door banged close and I crumbled down to my solitude completely.

Two minutes after Raima was gone, I had opened my eyes and got up from the pillow.

Raima's discarded pajama was still hanging from my neck. I removed it slowly and placed it at the foot of the bed... the place where already lied my yellow and green checkerd lahenga choli, all set for the haldi ceremony that was about to begin in just twenty minutes.

 the place where already lied my yellow and green checkerd lahenga choli, all set for the haldi ceremony that was about to begin in just twenty minutes