17. Not a fairytale

**Listen to the song given in the media box at the end of this chapter. It has been exclusively given for that ending only.**
____________________________________

"No, seriously Tara...kya khaake paida kiya tha ise?"

I ducked my head under my arms as Adit continued laughing at his sad pjs, cracked exclusively by him, inorder to kill me with embarrassment!

Call it to be the weirdest attack ever, both Adit and I knew that he didn't have any personal grudge against me. Yet, he kept making fun of me like that, just becoz he still hadn't got over the 'beautiful accident' that took place in the same morning and in which the victim & the prime suspect was Priyanka and Nirvana respectively.

The original story behind the accident, goes somewhat like:-

After Dev dragged me to his secret corner at the deck, Coco got all the freedom with herself to take three icecreams at once and go and bump to none other than Dr. Priyanka Pattnayak!
Priyanka was busy admiring her mehendi that time. Surely she was on cloud nine and thats how she failed to notice the upcoming encounter which not only spoiled her dress with the icecream but had ruined her favourite mehendi design too, thereby crashing away all her hopes and dreams along with it.

And well, the accident was definitely sadder than most of Adit's saddest jokes.

"Umm...Amaya, why did keep the mehendi ceremony so early? I mean we still have time for the wedding right? And uptil then if the mehendi fades away then...." I said to a dolled up Amaya as I tried changing the topic instead.

As such there was seriously nothing to discuss about that topic. Coco had committed a mischief and Priyanka was victimised and honestly, I wasn't even bothered. That bitch deserved much more than this and she might had thanked her stars for being spared up easily! However, I was a lill concerned about my baby. I knew she had done something like this becoz of the particular dislike she had towards Priyanka. Not that I had taught her anything. Hell, I never wanted my child to learn those things named 'hatred' and 'dislike'! But then whatever Priyanka was doing, i.e snatching away her daddy dearest from her, the upsurging dislike in her heart was bound to burst some time and so it happened like this accident!

"Don't worry. My stylists had prepared such mehendi mixtures that its impression on hands would last for atleast ten days at stretch!" Amaya answered to break my reverie.

"Oh" I sighed involuntarily.

"So what was I saying?" Adit poked from the back again.

"NOTHING" I spat at him. "Just shut your mouth now."

"Arey! The discussion isn't complete yet and...."

He couldn't say more. Coco had came back to our table by then and the immediate question she bombarded us with, was simply enough to make us go speechless for the next couple of minutes.

"Mommy, that bad aunty ishn't letting me play with his shòn. She shaid ki- go, play with your own brother... but I don't have a brother na.." She spoke amidst sniffs. "Why don't I have a brother mommy??"

My body went numb under the impact of her innocent words. I could feel the slowering of blood rush inside my veins and a cold sensation sweeping across my spine, broke me within a very few time as all the old memories, pain and betrayal came hovering in mind like the sudden waves of a wild, wild sea.

-"Brothers are annoying, Princess.. That is why me, mommy, Adit chachu, Kshitiz chachu and Rai maasi, are all single childs." The saviour of the situation, Dev, spoke from behind.

"But Amy maasi has a brother!" Coco squealed to contradict him at the instance.

-"Ask Amy maasi if her brother is annoying or not."