3. Sweet somethings

The earthern smell had hardly started filling in my senses when a soft knock resounded on my door.

I straightened up against the bedrest almost immediately. Yet, couldn't move my limbs to get down from the bed and go and open the door for him.

For Adit, I mean.

How could have I done that when I already knew what was he upto?!

The second knock resounded then. Much louder, much clearer.

"I know you're awake. So just stop pretending okay?" Adit's hush voice reached my ears now. I gulped and squeezed my eyes shut. Things didn't turn out as expected. And what was more hurting was that they turned out for the worst!

Only if I had known this before!!

With a heavy sigh I looked at my baby. She was sleeping on her tummy, her limbs oriented in various directions and face dug tightly in her pillow. She totally ressembled her father when it came to her sleeping habits. And nonetheless, it just heated away my memories till a sharp pain settled all over my poor heart.

"Nitzy??" The third knock resounded soon.

Adit earned a silent thanks this way. Afterall his knocking the door had knocked away my senses too. And now they were again back from their la-la land, my supposedly second home which was.. an abode of ugly habits and a decoir of beautiful memories that created an absolute mess out of the entire me.

Phew!

I gave a small peck upon coco's hairs and hurried towards the door, not forgetting to wrap a light weight grey stole around myself. This was the least I could do to make myself presentable at that hour of the night.

"Yes?" I said, once I opened the door.

"You.." Adit's hand restrained from another knocking session when he saw me standing infront of him, his half clenched palm still remained in the air though. "What took you so long?"

"I was changing."

"What?" He cocked his brows in a weird way and I looked around.

"Umm..yes... I was dressed in itsy-bitsy clothes.. my night suit... and I couldn't come before you like that!" And there I went lying again. With full confidence. With full attitude.

"Is it?" Adit scrutinised me from top to bottom and his brows cringed further. But seconds later, he gave in to my lie and said- "Anyway, lets go."

"Go where?" No, I knew where was he asking me to come.. but still.. I had to act all naive and innocent all of a sudden!

"For the talk?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"We can talk tomorrow also, right? I mean I am not running away anywhere!!" I tried to justify.

"No you aren't. But you can definitely come with another excuse tomorrow.... isn't it??" He pouted anonymously and I mentally rolled my eyes at him.

This guy.... knew too much about me... inside out.... something, that I hated the most. Seriously.

"Coco is sleeping Adit!" I thought of giving one last try. But failed miserably when Adit shut me down with his wise speech.

"Let her sleep. We won't take much time... hardly an hour or so." He replied.

Ofcourse, he never knew what humongous tusk he was asking me to join in when said those words- talk for an hour or so.

Huh! Talk for an hour!!... Talk my foot!!

                                 •

"You sit here. I am coming in two." Adit said to me while turning back to leave.