15. Am pregnant

The only thing I heard before they left was- Come with Dev, I have got a really BIG surprise for you.

For a brief period of time, I couldn't move from my place at all. I remained standing there, watching out the lonely stairways and interpreting what kind of mess I had turned out in. My heart and my mind never worked in sync with Dev around me. But even in his absense, things remained the same. I was always the confused idiot who had no idea of how to let her husband go to the woman he loves... and neither had the idea of how to resist his charms!

I wandered whether my confusion was even going to have a proper ending some day.

Perhaps I would have kept wandering, had Raima not came to my rescue. She came, kept her hand on my shoulder and when I turned towards her, she blinked her eyes and said just one word-
"Go."

The next thing that happend was me, running up the stairways, to reach the top floor deck. I didn't know if Priyanka and Dev were really there or not but somehow my intuition was not proved wrong as I spotted them in one secluded corner of the deck, with lots of happiness dripping off their glowing faces.

Would I be exagerrating if I say that I felt my feet as heavy as stones? I guess not. Afterall, some of you must have experienced this effect too. It is that effect which happens to your body when you watch your loved ones so happy with someone else. That poisonous effect which makes your body go numb and breathes, static.... An effect that pushes you towards slow death.. death, that you will see but can not prevent..

And you know what is worse? There will always be chances to protect yourself, but YOU won't be able to catch any of them.

Yes, it is that one particular moment when even a winner like you, would turn into a looser.

Looser.......just like me.

-"Are you serious? She agreed to meet me?!!!"

I was still at a distance when I heard Dev's happy exclamation. Quite naturally, my heart wanted to know whom he was talking about. But my wiser mind, she kept praying for the sea waves to sound a little louder... just so that I don't hear the conversation anymore.

But unfortunate as she was, her prayers were not answered and every bit of that private conversation reached my ears to torment the rest of me, for the next couple of minutes.

"Ofcourse Dev! I am like one hundred and ten percent serious and thats why I brought you here to inform this!" Priyanka replied to Dev, almost floating in her glory.

-"The fuck! ....Why didn't she tell it to me directly?" Dev asked again.

"Aren't you happy that atleast she told something?" She questioned him back.

-"Told something! She fucking gave her consent man!!... like Finally!!" He huffed as he leaned his back against the iron railings. A smile of satisfaction ran down his lips.

"Yep, finally." Priyanka huffed too. "I am so happy for you dude!" She said, leaning against the railing next to Dev.

-"All thanks to you." Dev smiled wider.

"Naah.. you deserved it." She looked at Dev in such a way, as if she had found her whole world in that breathtaking smile of him.

Perhaps she had really found that. Who knows!

-"I don't know I deserved it or not.. but I can tell you for sure that I needed it rather badly.

"I know right?"

-"I have already wasted a lot of time Priyanka. Now I don't to waste more." He too, looked deeper into Priyanka's eyes and well, that was one picture perfect frame!