13. Chef of you

*Long update alert*

"You husband is quite something huh!" Addy chuckled disinterestedly as he occupied a seat at our table, whereas my eyes remained stuck to the path which had witnessed Dev's departure few minutes ago.

Dev was gone... Not for fighting world war IV, but for cooking pasta for his beloved daughter.... that too without MY help.

Could this morning get anymore dramatic? I guess not.

I strode towards one empty end of the deck and looked at the greyish tinge of the the vast Arabian sea. It filled me with gushes of memories within no time and I found myself drowning in those bits of the past all over again.

1 year ago:

"What the hell is this Dev? What do you want from me now?" I shouted over the phone, no sooner he picked up my call from the other side.

-"Excuse me? You are not making any sense.. Please be a little clear if that helps otherwise." He shrugged nonchalantly.

I took a deep breath. This man was beyond my tolerance. I knew that since always. But what was I supposed to do with myself to develope new tricks of dealing with him, I seriously had no idea about that.

Nor I could do anything much other than huffing at this stupid disability of mine.

"You have a doctor's association meeting today." I tried to hold my temper while resuming our talk.

-"Meeting cum party. And it is Mumbai itself. So whats the big deal about it?" He replied with that same nonchalancy in his voice that made my temper skip down from my hands.

"Whats the big deal? Seriously Dev? Your associates are inviting ME to the party and you are asking whats the big deal?!!!"

-"Oh hello, this party is meant to be attended in pairs. Thats why they invited you. Nothing else is there to fuss about so much." Now his tone was refilled with irritation.

But, shouldn't it have been the other way around?

"You gave them my address and thats how they send me the invitation!" I gritted with clenched jaws, my interiors  being seething with anger. "How dare you do this Dev?"

-"Stop making assumptions, will you?" He roared from the other side. I didn't remove the phone from my ears though. I kept listening to whatever he had to say and so it turned out like - "I didn't give them your address. I knew you wouldn't come to the party and persuing you for the same would be nothing but a waste of time. Thats why I didn't even try anything....whatever they did, they did it on their own. They found out your address, which is again not a big deal coz we belong to the 21st century and tracing the address of one of the most popular designers of AURA INTERNATIONALS is seriously one of the easiest cakewalks!"

'Tracing my address is one of the easiest cakewalks'- the line started repeating in my head in such a consequtive sequence that I almost freaked out, save the part where Dev yelled in a
bitter tone to pull me out of my reverie.

-"Hey, are you there? Listen if you don't want to talk then please say it clearly and cut the call...don't hang it midway like this. Its really irritating." He grumbled annoyedly.

And so did I.

"If you are having so much problem then why don't YOU cut the call?"