Part 16-first round

Okay, when I started writing this I saw that we just hit over 400 views!! Anyway, I'm going to try to update more (I know I say that every time) but half term is coming up and I think I might have time. Anyway, I hope you enjoy...

Winter's POV
I woke with a groan, after sitting up and rubbing my face I heard something that sounded like screeching, I took a look outside to see a swarm of things coming towards CHB, I shrugged it off as they would be stopped by the barrier. I made my bed and started to get dressed. I could still hear the screeching although it was faint, I looked outside again and saw that they had gone past the point I thought the barrier was. I jumped up and ran out my bedroom. As I was running down the hallway a door opened and Summer came out and stopped me. "What do think your doing? It's so early." His voice was groggy and his hair was a mess. "I heard screeching and some.... things have gotten past the barrier." I said urgently.
"Well, before you go out fighting and such put a top on," he sighed. I looked down and sure enough I had forgotten to put anything on my top half, I looked up just in time to see Summer tossing me t-shirt. I then started to run again while putting the shirt on, I was struggling trying to put my wings through the slits in the cloth so I gave up and pulled the shirt over my head and flexed my wings, ripping the fabric in the process. As soon as I got out the door I took flight to intercept the creatures in the sky. I've seen a lot uglier but these looked like someone had mushed a whole lot of animals into one being to the point where you couldn't recognise which ones. Although they did remind me of the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz though a lot..... sadder, they were ready to fight and were snarling at me, but they looked like just being alive was agony, a lot of their bodies were distorted and they probably had a lot of brain damage considering the way some of their heads had huge dents in them. Did they even have fully functional brains on the first place? My thoughts were interrupted by sound that came out of the creature in front of me's mouth. "Ngggg, weggg, areg" it seemed to wince at every word it said, after a while of in-understandable noises, it managed to struggle some choppy words out, "w' 'ave 'ome t' war' y' ab' 'nd". I was actually surprised with what they could come out with as monsters usually don't bother speaking or at least trying to speak English. "So End sent you?" I asked. The creature didn't respond but I took that as a yes. "How did you get past the barrier?"
"O-our kind...." I guessed that he didn't know how to say the rest in English. "Okay thank you for the information, but I can't let you hurt the camp. So you can either fly away or I will get rid of you." I was talking very slowly so they could have a chance of understanding. A few of the animals flew away but majority stayed, the one that was talking to nodded then left as well. One of them lurched at me and I barely had time to draw my sword. I managed to clear a bit of space between me and the rest of them. Realising the number of them I knew it would be too tiring to carry on with my sword so I gathered the water vapour from the air and froze it, firing ice shards at the creatures. From that there were only a few left, I stretched out my arms and sent an ice wind in there direction, they all froze in blocks and fell to the ground, gold dust dispersed. I landed on the ground and quickly summoned my cloak to hide my identity again. "Wow!" I turned around to see a group of girls in their pjs, all with twinkles in their eyes. "That was amazing! You're so amazing, Winter!" One of them squealed.
"Oh uh.. thanks? I'm sure y-you're great at fighting too.. he he" I was never good at receiving compliments. They giggled and the girl that spoke blushed. "Um Winter? We were just wondering how old you were?" Another girl spoke up, then a girl from the back shouted "Yeah! We want to know if you're in our age range!" I immediately blushed and shouted "Way to old for you!" And then I ran away.

Summer's POV
"Man... I wish I got that kind of attention." I then stepped back from the window and sipped my coffee. "Ugh, this is gross".... it was gross.

Winter's POV
Sighing I sat down on the sofa. Those girls were what, 15 years old? Thinking back to what they hinting at made me gag. What is it with me and women? There was a knock on our cabin door. I opened up and there was a boy there, he bent down at a ninety degree angle and cried "Winter! Please accept this from me!" I was so shocked I just stopped thinking for a second, he then put down a box he holding and ran away, blushing. Summer burst out laughing behind me. I guess not only women...

*sigh* okay sorry! I know it's been ages and I don't have an excuse. Also this chapter's been resting in my drafts because I thought it was too short but oh well. Anyway, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!