Part 17

Recap from last chapter:
————-
Winter's POV
Sighing I sat down on the sofa. Those girls were what 15 years old? Thinking back to what they hinting at made me gag. What is it with me and women? There was a knock on our cabin door. I opened up and there was a boy there, he bent down at a ninety degree angle and cried "Winter! Please accept this from me!" I was so shocked I just stopped thinking for a second, he then put down a box he holding and ran away, blushing. Summer burst out laughing behind me. I guess not only women...

End of recap

———————
Winter's POV
I set the box down and flopped onto the sofa. Nervously chewing my lip I began to think about the 'things' I just fought and how they were able to get past Thalia's tree. 'Our kind..' they said, could it be that there are creatures out their immune to force fields? What kind of deal is that? Maybe they evolved and adapted but that would've taken hundreds of years and would warrant the question of why I hadn't seen them before. Unless they were recently created...
I got snapped out of my thoughts by Summer plopping down next to me, well practically on me.
He nudged me "So Wints what in the box?" He beamed. This kid.
"I literally just fought off some unknown creatures that got past an actual force field, and you're wondering about a box? And did you just call me Wints?" I said with a sigh. Summer just shrugged and carried on smiling ear to ear.
"Fine." I muttered. Grabbing the box from the coffee table, I undid the ribbon and lifted the lid. Inside was a note, I picked it out and started to read; Dear-
Summer punched my arm lightly, "Outlouddd" he whined. I sigh, again.
"Okay.. Dear Nero, don't get ahead of yourself, you most probably think of me as weak from being in a black hole for some millennia however I'm sure you're fully aware now that I'm still able to bend the natural laws and physics in order to overcome obstacles and since you're reading this you'll have already seen a presentation of this. The reason for this letter is to offer you a place beside me, together we could surely get everything we ever wanted. I'll give you a choice to join me or to go against me, the latter being most unsatisfying. I warn you Nero, make the right choice." My hands were shaking holding the piece of paper. This letter...
"Hey.. isn't that... doesn't that sound like End.. wrote that?" Summer stuttered, eyes wide.
"Guess that boy wasn't an admirer after all." I muttered.

Summer POV
Winter paced around the living room muttering to himself. Normally I would have made fun of him or tried to take his mind of it but I couldn't help worry myself. I started to bite on my thumbnail, an old habit that seemed to resurface in times of trouble. That letter.. it has to be End, right? And he wants Winter, I mean who wouldn't, but does he really think Winter would choose him? Doesn't he know his fatal flaw? Gods I hope Winter doesn't choose him cus then we'd be royally fucked. No. I should have faith in him, the Winter I know would never abandon us...

Third Person POV
It had been an hour or so since Winter read the letter. He was still a little shaken but he was loosening up as people trickled down the stairs. "Hey do we have any pancake mix?" Autumn yawned. Spring pointed to the cupboard to her left and then went back to stirring her tea. She walked over to the living room and sat herself down on a single sofa. Looking round the room and sighing, her eyes landed on Winter who was resting his chin on his hand. He had a furrowed brow and was chewing his lip. "Hey Winter, are you okay?" She asked. He lifted his head and locked eyes with her, despite the different colours and patterns in them they looked dull. "Uh, maybe you should see this," he said, passing over the box. Spring read the note and her face dropped, "Oh man, this is some deep shit huh," she said, Winter chuckling. "Hah, yeah, you can say that again." It was weird to see him without his cloak but she internally smiled as it was a sign he was trusting them more. "How do you feel about it?" Spring asked.
"Pretty shocked? I mean it's not every day you get contacted by one of the two oldest primordials in the universe..." Winter replied.
"What's this?" Autumn asked, setting down a pile of pancakes with syrup and butter. Summer's eyes lit up and began to dig in while Winter explained.
Later Rhaisa came down and was filled in.
"So have you made a choice?" Rhaisa said with a straight face. Winter took his face out of his hands and gave her a puzzled look, "Are you kidding? Why the hell would I join End?" Rhaisa just shrugged and sipped her tea.

It was nearing noon and they got a mind message from Chaos saying to come outside. As the seasons, plus Rhaisa, came out of the house they were greeted by an impatient looking Chaos. He look up from his watch holding a piece of paper "Gods you guys, what are you doing? Have u even started thinking about how to train these guys? They're practically useless - I mean no offence but jeez!"
"Woah Chaos calm down what's gotten into you?" Spring said with a worried expression. She looked to the piece of paper he was holding, it looked like a handwritten letter. "Woah Chaos did you get mail too?" Summer said, Spring wasn't the only one to notice. Chaos shot him a look and walked over "What do you mean as well?"
Summer startled stuttered "Oh, uh W-winter got a letter from.. y'know.." Chaos looked alarmed and asked to see it. His eyes scanned the paper his eyes getting wider if even possible. "Oh Winter... how are you feeling?" Winter sighed and shrugged "I don't even know but I know my answer, obviously." Chaos nodded, looking relieved.
"Chaos you haven't told us what your letter says." Spring said.
"Oh right yeah, Gods, um, well look." Chaos said realising he'd not explained himself, he passed the letter to Spring. She read out "We're coming xoxo E". Everyone was shocked and realised Chaos' behaviour. "Yeah do you get me now? We've hardly done anything since being here and right now they all might as well be canon fodder!" He said going back to his previous state of pacing and tapping his foot. "I guess we'll just have to start tonight." Winter said.

Hah it's been a while sorry! I've got some free time on my hands now so I thought it'd be nice for me to update. I hope everybody's coping well with the situation we're all in and to keep doing our parts by signing petitions and such as well as keeping safe from this pandemic. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it :).
P.S cannon fodder describes soldiers who are employed as 'materials to be expended in war' (basically no skill and will die easily)