Downtown (Part 6)

We got in the Benz and Gus pulled back onto the highway. It was about 6PM and the sun was starting to set. I could still feel the heat of the bright orange rays warming up my skin through the window.
"Where are you taking me?" I asked inquisitively.
"It's a surprise boo. Wait and see." He replied as he turned off the highway and onto a country road which would take us through the hills.
Did he just call me Boo?

He continued to drive until we reached what seemed like a graveyard. The car came to a halt and we both jumped out. Gus started towards the little gate that allowed entrance to the area and I ran behind him trying to keep up before linking my arm in his. I was immediately fascinated with this place, it was beautiful.

We were so high up that the skyline was littered with the pattern of the city. Everything could be seen so easily from up here.
"This is amazing!" I beamed while taking in a deep breath. The air felt fresh and somewhat colder up here.
He laughed sweetly at my reaction.
"I know." He replied with a grin.

He made his way to an rigid old cobble stone wall bordering the edge of the graveyard. He took a seat on the wall, patting the space next to him which signalled me to go over.

I took a seat next to him and leaned into him. He wrapped his arm around me and I nuzzled my head into his warm chest. Gus was one of those people that could instantly make you feel comfortable. There was no awkwardness in this sudden show of affection.

He smelt like a mix different scents. Most males seem to just drown themselves daily in cologne, however, Gus somehow reminded me of the smell of home. Like a lit candle or a homemade apple pie. It was comforting. It was familiar.
Yet, Gus was so far away from being familiar.
He was unpredictable. He was mysterious and different.
There would never be another like him; that was for sure.

"I appreciate you." I spoke up after a while of comfortable silence.
"Huh?" He said, confused.
" I want you to know, I appreciate you. We haven't known each other for all that long. But it seems as though you do a lot for people. I can see that from how you treat me." I stated while nervously licking my lower lip.
"I just-I want you to know, you are appreciated, Gus."

He looked at me with a unreadable expression on his face. I couldn't tell if he was happy, sad, maybe angry?
I was suddenly able to breathe again when he met my anxious gaze and chucked boyishly.
Grabbing my small hands he delicately cupped them with his larger, tattoo-covered ones.
"I'm glad someone appreciates me. I'm glad that someone is you." He told.

I could feel my cheeks burning up.
"Don't be embarrassed Boo. I'm aware I don't talk a lot about how I feel, but know, I'm happy you're in my life." Gus expressed.
"You don't know what you're missing till' you find it." He mumbled to himself.
His comments gave me a warm feeling inside. All I could do was smile.

The cheerful rhymes of the birds could be heard, although they were soon interrupted by the sharp beeping of a phone. Gus quickly moved his hands away from mine and pulled his gold iPhone out of his back pocket. His lock screen was a picture of what seemed like a demon, surrounded by black roses dripping with blood.
Well that's not creepy at all
It was littered with notifications; no wonder it had been incessantly buzzing all day.

He briefly swiped down, passing all the notifications before turning the power off and placing it back in his pocket.
"Aren't you gonna check that?" I asked, slightly curious.
"Nah - I'm with you right now. I'm good. Sometimes you just need to separate yourself. Otherwise, things become a little overwhelming." He admitted.
Wise words.
I nodded my head in agreement while I brushed my legs against the grass that was below the wall. It was longer on this side of the wall and slightly overgrown.

Gus jumped down from the stone wall and started walking towards the various rows of gravestones. I followed closely behind him. He stood in front of one, looking pensive.

"When I first moved to LA, I'd come here on my own to get high. Before anybody knew me. I'd sit here for hours smoking joints In my feelz." He told while his head was still looking down.

I listened as he continued.

"It's weird, one day, you're alive and breathing, the next, you're in a hole in the ground. You're nothing." He said with a sad but thoughtful expression on his face.
"Damn and I thought I was lonely now..." he muttered.

"Well you know what they say." I assured.
He cocked his head in my direction, awaiting my response.
"Ash is our purest form." I spoke while giving him an innocent smile.
He returned a sweet smile back.
"I'm just worried people will forget me, you know, when I die." He admitted as he turned to look out towards the dark blue skyline.

I approached him from behind him and gently tugged on the sleeve of his jacket so that he turned to face me once again.
Grabbing his chin with my hand, I looked deeply into his sparkling brown eyes.
"You will never be forgotten. That's a promise." I said softly.

Without hesitation, Gus quickly wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close before his lips crashed onto mine.
His actions were full of passion. I could feel my stomach fluttering with excitement. I didn't know there was so much tension between us; not until now at least.
Our lips moved in sync with each other, it was slow but satisfying. I could feel his hands gently caressing my back as he deepened the kiss. I compulsively grabbed his hair with my hand and scrunched it in my palm.

This was probably the most exhilarating thing that had ever happened to me.
Sad, I know.
But this man, he made me feel a certain way, and considering the fact I soon felt a sudden bulge pressing against my thigh, I'm guessing I had the same effect on him.

Before this got out of hand - which I knew it would if we continued - I swiftly pulled away and looked up at Gus. He face was set with a devilish grin.
I didn't even want to know what thoughts were crossing his mind right now. Then again, they can't be much worse than mine.

"That was, uh"
"Amazing." He breathed, finishing my sentence while I chuckled.
He placed his forehead against mine and we both caught up our lost air. I felt safe here. Safe in his arms, and unexplainably content in his presence.

Although, I knew deep down that this was a dangerous situation, but something inside me ached for me to carry on.
What I didn't know, was the extent I would intertwine myself in this life of his.
Just how much I would love him.
Just how deep I would I would fall...