Cocaine shawty (Part 11)

"Fuck' I shouted, swallowing the burning clear liquid.
Alex watched and sniggered at me as my expressions grew into that of disgust.
'And you said easy' she giggled.
'I'm out of practise!' I exclaimed, trying to gain back whatever respect she had left for me and my drinking game.
'Wish I could say the same, Dem.' she said with slight envy, before swiftly picking up the bottle of vodka and walking into the other room.

She walked straight over to the speakers in the corner, immediately plugging her phone in and turning on what she called 'good music'.
I just followed, taking a seat on the couch.
She came and sat beside me.
"So. How come you've been MIA?" She spoke up, with genuine curiosity filling her eyes.
"I guess I was just...I don't know... lost? I felt trapped in my own life. I mean, if it wasn't for Gus - I would've left town by now." I replied, leaning back into the chair, while pondering over the thought.
"Gus? Is that some sort of therapy clinic? Because you know I won't judge you." She said as she reached for my hand to give support.
I chuckled, brushing her hand away.
'No... no he's just someone I met." I stated.
She tilted her head slightly, giving me 'the look'.
"Actually, well, this is his house." I added.
Alex stopped and stared at me for a moment.
"Well sounds like we've got some catching up to do then." She beamed excitedly.
"But first, how about you let loose a little babe. I think I know what might help."

Alex pulled out a small bag from her purse. Opening the little bag up, she carefully emptied its contents onto the table.
I sat, curious, until I realised what she had brought with her.
"Oh - I - don't do that. Sorry." I explained.
She continued to line up the coke with a random green credit card she had just pulled out.
"Mhmm." She replied.
"No Alex, seriously. You can't do that here." I
stated, my tone becoming more cold.

She stopped for a moment, looking at me from over her shoulders.
"It's cocaine, not heroine Demi. Listen, it's fine."
I stood up and walked over to the backdoor.
"Okay whatever, I'm going for a smoke anyway, I'll be back soon." I said nonchalantly as I carried on walking away, hearing the distant sound of her snorting the powder.

I opened the glass door and sat on the cold concrete steps. Sighing, I pulled out my packet of cigarettes and lit one up.

1 NEW MESSAGE

Gus ❤️: i'm on my way back. sorry, things took longer than expected. miss u tho 💔

Demi: I miss you more Gussie :') see u soon bb ❤️

Sent: 9:53 PM

Gus: you're beautiful ❤️❤️❤️

I placed my phone by my side and took another drag of my cigarette. For some reason, I felt strangely relaxed. The night air was calm and it brought me a moment of tranquility.

Although I couldn't help but think; something about tonight felt dangerous. It felt as if I shouldn't be here. Like I'm intruding on something.

I think I'm paranoid but I guess that's expected. Is anyone ever really safe?

This was the point where my thoughts began to overwhelm me, so with that, I threw the cig to the ground and stood up to go back inside.

But something stopped me.

I heard the sudden bang of the front door opening and a series of unfamiliar and seemingly angry male voices.
What followed was the piercing sound of Alex's scream and a violent thud sounded.

Yet it was not that what scared me. That was not what had my muscles stiff and my body aching with intense and inescapable fear - It was the creeping echo of silence that chilled me to the core. The unknowing feeling of somebody's presence.

It was that which terrified me the most - right up until the moment I felt a large, disgusting hand wrap round my neck and drag me to the floor.

————————————————————————
Heyyyy guys, sorry the chapter is a bit
short. I haven't had much time recently but I appreciate all your support :)
What do you think is going to happen to Demi? Lemme know what you think ;)
All love 💕