Come around (Part 15)

Lux's POV
Just as I began to roll my bedtime joint, I heard a knock at the door.
It wasn't unusual to have visitors around here -my house was a shared complex with three other girls living in it - however, as I opened the front door, my eyes were met with a sight I hadn't expected.
There was Demi, standing right in front of me.

I was in shock.
Her body was thin, paler then before, covered in bruises and old cuts.
She watched as I studied her.
"Demi?" I finally said out loud.

She rushed towards me, embracing me in a tight hug; I held onto her, feeling a warm tear run down my cheek.
After a short while, she pulled away.
"I thought you... I-"
"It's a long story." She admitted.
"I'll explain it all... can I come inside?"
"Of course." I replied without a second thought.

We went and sat on the couch in the front room. Demi lent into the cushions, her hand cupping her face.
I sighed.
"It happened three months ago..." she began.
I listened carefully as she continued.

She explained to me the situation, speaking almost nonchalantly, until she began to talk about a certain man.
"I just felt this hand grab me from behind." She spoke, her eyes forming tears.
I rubbed her shoulder, ushering her to continue.
"We drove for about half an hour before I was pulled out of the vehicle and dragged further. I found myself in a room, pitch black. It was filled with such a stench - it lingered in the air like a disease. I remember feeling physically sick." She spoke.
"And that was it." She said
"For 3 months. I sat there in the dark, one visitor came to me each week to bring me food."
"I can't imagine what that must've been like." I replied.

"Anyway, I just wanna forget about this whole thing. Do you promise to never speak of it again?" She asked
"I promise." I replied quickly, too wanting to forget what I had just been told.

My eyes quickly ran over the state of her body once again, she looked frail, as if she could barely sustain herself.
Yet the next few words she spoke was what really made my heart sink.

"Where can I find Gus?" she asked, her voice almost sounding anxious.
"Demi I... I need you to know..." I started, trying hard not to choke on my words.
"Peep - Gus, he's not doing well at the moment." I told.

Demi grabbed onto one of the red cushions and began holding it against her chest.
I watched her eyes lower to the floor.
"I just need to see him. I need to hear his fucking voice. Because if I don't, Lux, none of this is real."
"And if it isn't real, than that shit I was telling myself everyday - the shit that convinced me that staying alive was still a fucking option for me - it all means nothing." She confessed.

I grabbed her hand and held it in mine for a moment, attempting to still her as she trembled. Sighing, I looked her in the eyes.
"Okay. Let's go find Gus."

Demi took a quick shower before getting ready and I ended up lending her some clothes to wear. It took us about an hour, but we were soon ready to leave.

"So, what really happened while I was gone?" She asked as we both got in the car.
"Well..." I chuckled.
"I can't say I really see Gus that much anymore. He kinda ghosts most people these days - it's hard to even get a hold of him." I admitted.
Her eyebrows raised in response.
"Oh shit, I nearly forgot. Him and Tracey don't speak no more either. It's like they just stopped associating all of the sudden."

"Jeez I never thought I'd see that happen." She lent back in the chair.

"He's got a whole new group of friends anyway, if that's what they're called..." I scoffed.
Demi laughed in response.

"Guess we the old friends now then." She replied.

"Yeah... but for real though - he's coming up. Shits changed." I spoke, almost feeling guilty.
Demi just sat still, letting silence fill the air.

I pulled up next to a black tour bus which was already parked outside a venue. I watched as Demi opened the car door, her eyes fixated on the coach in front of us.

"It says Lil Peep." She spoke up.
I just nodded in response. I walked over towards her and stood next to her as she continued to look around.

Within seconds, the coach door swung open and a random ass man stumbled out.
"Yeah yeah, soon brother." He slurred on his way out.

Demi grabbed the door before it could shut and stepped up into the coach, she briefly turned around and gave me a quick glance.
"You coming?" She asked.
"Yeah hold on. Let me just get my phone from the car." I said, going to grab it.

I swear I was gone for only a few seconds. It was minimal. The smallest amount of time. But when I returned, I was met with a fucking scene.

Demi was standing in the centre of the seating area, her body seemed to be shaking. I was confused momentarily. But as she moved slightly, I began to understand.
Because there he was, Gus. Sitting on the couch with one girl on each side of him, he was lining up some coke on the table in front of him.

I grabbed Demi's hand.
"Let's just go." I suggested, feeling the tension fill the room.
She shook off my grip.

We both watched as Gus leant forward, snorting the various lines of coke in front of him. He glared for only a brief second, then his face began to turn soft. His expression changed and he started to look uncomfortable.
"Shit." He mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

Demi threw something on the table sharply before leaving the coach, slamming the door on her way out.
Then I was left on my own and suddenly, all eyes were on me.
"Fuck you." I spat, glaring at him and his friends, before going to chase Dem.

Fuck you...