02 | temporary hatred

My grin mirrors my satisfaction when the number one board is being held above my swimming lane when I finish the butterfly race

My grin mirrors my satisfaction when the number one board is being held above my swimming lane when I finish the butterfly race. This is the last event of the day and I'm more than ready to head home and let myself get swallowed by my bed.

People are cheering from left to right as I climb out of the pool with a smirk. Minjee gives me a high five as we look at the scoreboard at which school collected the most points, our school crest lingering proudly at the top of the ladder.

"You go, girl!" Minjee exclaims as our points get higher― which means we can get a higher chance to send people for the districts from our school.

"Thank you," I smile, wrapping my damp towel around me, letting my goggles dangle from my neck and I untie my hair from its ponytail.

"After this, I'm going to binge watch dramas," Minjee tells me with a dreamy look on her face, "a new episode aired last night, but my mum wouldn't let me watch it because I needed to rest for today."

"Good for you, man," I answer, getting my water bottle and drink the rest of it.

"I'm going to fill this up," I say, holding my bottle up, "be right back."

"Quick, they're going to announce the results!"Minjee says.

I nod and head to find the water taps.

"Excuse me!" a voice calls out and before I know it, a person swerves around me and fills their water bottle up with water from the tap I was going to use.

"Oi!"

I glare at the person who has suddenly pushed in with as much 'temporary' hatred as possible and I huff in annoyance. Hah, the audacity this person has. Clearly I was here first. Have they got no eyes?

"I got here first!" I protest, trying to knock his bottle out of the way.

"Nu-uh, darling, I turned it on first," the person pushes me back with his hip and continues to fill their tap leisurely.

"You pushed in!"

"Well, then, you just got to be faster next time, won't you?"

I sigh and tap my foot impatiently. My eyes observe his hands as his thumb presses on the thumb.

And oh my God. I let my jaw drop in disbelief.

"Are you filling it slowly on purpose!?" I burst as I notice the stream of the water coming out of the tap go slower and slower.

"Y'all hear something?"

I swear to God if there wasn't a competition, I will not hesitate to throw him head-first into the pool. Call me dramatic but (please insert a frustrated scream here) he's annoying the wrong person today. As I am about to reply with a strong comeback, my tongue twists in my mouth. Dark hair, sparkling brown eyes, pink lips. Isn't he ..? Oh my God.