23 | seeyoubye

Hotel rooms are scary, especially when it's ten at night and it's raining heavily outside

Hotel rooms are scary, especially when it's ten at night and it's raining heavily outside. Rain in a state which I am having a twisting stomach, that's what makes it even more scarier. Adding the fact that I am completely alone in this room makes the frightful level at its highest.

Needless to say, I couldn't sleep. I tried to shut my eyes forcefully for the past three hours but they'd spring right open the second I close them as if they've got same sided magnets attached on my lash lines. My brain knows that the competition is tomorrow, and because of that, it doesn't want me to sleep.

Sighing, I turn my phone on. It's useless if I tried to sleep countless times and end up awake anyway.

The first thing I see on my lock screen is a text from Hyunjin. There's a small giddy feeling inside my stomach as I read over the name over and over again.

Remind me, when did I start getting like this?

With a grin on my face, I swipe over his name and the chatting app opens.

hyunjinnie
whatcha doooin~

Burying my face in the pillow, I groan to myself. Why am I so happy to read a message like that from him? It's not like Jisungie and Minjee's never sent something similar to that before. I'm so going to lock myself in my bedroom when I get home.

me
trying to sleep

me
hbu?

There's more nauseating feeling in my stomach, so much that I had to choke to restrain myself from throwing up.

hyunjinnie
omw to busan:)

me
please get here quickly

hyunjinnie
ofc, anything for u:))

Holy crap I think I'm going to die from a heart attack.

hyunjinnie
u bored?

hyunjinnie
one round truth or dare?

Minjee said to not ever play truth or dare if you want to be safe. It's dangerous, she told me, there will be some things I will regret if I play just one round. It's going to make me feel like it's better off if I didn't know how to talk at all. But once again, my fingers betray me as they type 'okay' into the keyboard and sends it to Hyunjin.

I'm seriously going to throw up.

Hyunjin doesn't take long to answer - that's one thing I like about him. One time, I asked him why he does that when other people usually wait a few minutes.

"I don't want to keep people waiting," he said to me, "it's wasting time, you know? What if they're in a hurry? And besides, waiting can be a bit hurtful and heartbreaking sometimes."