05 | disrespectful child

To say that I'm the least excited person to be receiving their phone back at the start of break time is something pretty obvious

To say that I'm the least excited person to be receiving their phone back at the start of break time is something pretty obvious. I mean, it's okay that Hyunjin found my Instagram account. The follow is nice, the likes are nice — but going as far as direct messaging me? It's making me feel a bit weird.

Jisung is looking at me weirdly; it's as if I've suddenly gotten a severe case of the chickenpox from touching a helium balloon. Okay, maybe that's a bit exaggerated but the point is, he's looking at me strangely. I'm usually the first one to hug my phone when break time comes.

Once I got it back in my hands, I fumble around with it in a careful way, trying to not see the Instagram icon sitting peacefully on the header.

"Minjee!" I whisper-yell when Minjee picked her phone the fourth time I called, on the very last ring. "Emergency!"

"What did you do?" I hear her ask on the other side of the line, sighing, "Jisung is there to help you!"

"But Jisung is busy with his cheesecake!" I whine, side-eyeing Jisung who's frozen in the middle of spooning a bite of cake into his mouth.

"I heard my name?" he says, placing his spoon down and gasps, "are you talking to Minjee!?"

With that Jisung snatches my phone off my hands and starts ranting about how I woke him too early this morning to only end up being ignored by me most of the lesson. I can't do anything about it obviously, I actually want to have good grades as much as I think school is annoying.

Sighing, I take a walk around the cafeteria, trying to find something interesting to look at. There's a box of chocolate milk left in the vending machine the whole school basically uses. Taking out the last of my lunch money (Jisung you need to pay me back soon), I insert it to the vending machine and buy myself that precious last box of chocolate milk.

"Yes!" I cheer quietly when it drops down and the cold milk carton is now in my hands, then walk back to the table where Jisung is still playing on my phone.

"There you go!" Jisung grins, sliding my phone across the table. I eye him curiously, suspicious. Taking my phone slowly, I watch Jisung eat his cheesecake happily without a thought.

What could he possibly do?

School ends in the late afternoon and that's when children start rushing out of the building to either go home or go to other classes and lessons they have out of school. I don't have any tonight so I'm free to go home. Jisung on the other hand, he has his training down at an entertainment company he got accepted at not too long ago. I'm pretty sure that was the reason he moved here into town too.

Jisung and I part ways at the school gates as the buses we're taking are different. My bus is already waiting at the stop and seeing it, I hurry up and hop on to it just in time. The doors close behind me and I breathe a sigh of relief that I didn't miss it.