13 | we're married now

Hyunjin's friends are a lot friendlier and a lot more fun than I thought they would be

Hyunjin's friends are a lot friendlier and a lot more fun than I thought they would be. They're pure crackheads, even Minho who seemed like your usual high school fuck boy, is actually an angel once you get to know him.

Dinner is ― surprise surprise ― a blast. Chan's cooking is ten out of ten, my belly is satisfied and I made new friends.

I mean, that's kind of hard to achieve all in one go, right?

As we're casually lounging in their living room, I reach out to my pocket and get my Ariel candy dispenser out. I'm secretly thanking Hyunjin in my mind for buying me these because I have got to admit, this tastes really good.

"Yah!" Minho's voice cries out loud enough to break mirrors, making us stop what we're doing. I pause in the middle of lifting a candy into my mouth.

"Is that Ariel?" he points at my candy dispenser.

Everyone's eyes focus on the small object in my hand. From the corners of my eyes, I see Hyunjin slowly backing away with an awkward smile plastered on his face.

There's more silence.

"WAAAAAHHHH!!!" everyone choruses, the house suddenly very loud.

While everyone was cheering, Hyunjin had gotten up from his seat and attempts to run; I am not sure why.

"Yah! Hyunjin!!" Felix cries, dragging Hyunjin by his shirt to stop him from running away. "Brooo....!!"

Watching the scene unfold before me, I sit on the floor unsure of what to do as the boys huddle around Hyunjin, his face showing horror as they question him. I mean, what's the big deal? It's just the Little Mermaid ― a childhood story I loved so much.

It is in fact, one of the reasons why I started swimming.

My grin of amusement gets even bigger when Hyunjin lets out a small scream, burying his crimson face into his hands because of the embarrassment. I wonder what the boys said that made his face that red. This time, when Hyunjin tries to go, nobody stops him and instead, whisper among each other with knowing smirks.

"Is he okay?" I ask, the shadows of laughter hinting at my voice.

Chan looks at me. "Very okay," he grins, looking somewhat proud of the boy. "Wah, I just never knew this day would come!"

"Hyunjinnie!!" he gets up and waddles after the boy, his tone in a sing-song voice.

Everybody else sighs, muttering an 'oh my God' as Chan disappears to where Hyunjin ran away to. Then, all of a sudden, everybody's eyes turn to me.

"What?" I ask them, chewing on my candy normally. "I know I'm pretty and all but sheesh, you don't have to -"

"Is that really Ariel?" Felix asks with amazement.