15 | beautiful

My hair blows with the wind

My hair blows with the wind. It's only a few hours before sunset, the sky is somehow getting brighter with orange streaks through the sky even though the day is getting late. It sends a shiver down my spine but I ignore it as Seungmin approaches me.

"So, I'm going to go first," he tells Hyunjin while the other boys cry in protest.

"What? But I sent the complaint first!"

"Well, it's my idea," Seungmin rolls his eyes. Changbin raises his hand to say something but Seungmin quickly shushes him up, pressing his finger to his lips. "Please don't talk ― this is a Seung-Jin matter, thank you."

Hyunjin sighs before letting me walk to Seungmin. The boy in front of me turns around and I place my hands on his shoulder.

"You do know, that even if you win it or not," I start to say, jumping on to Seungmin's back, "that you really can't file a divorce."

"Divorce is legal, Yuri," Hyunjin grins, "and I'm gonna win!"

I blow a raspberry, hugging Seungmin. "Well too bad, Minnie and I got an un-divorce-able marriage!"

"She's telling the truth," I hear Seungmin agree with me, and so, I stick a tongue out at Hyunjin who rolls his eyes.

"Okay, let's start."

Hyunjin looks down at the stopwatch app on his phone as we get ready at the imaginary line Seungmin had drawn. I blow a strand of stray hair out of my face before bracing myself.

"Ready?" Hyunjin eyes us both, yelling at people to stay clear out of our way.

"Set?"

Seungmin crouches down a little and before Hyunjin could say "go", he's off like lightning. There's a cry of complaint from Hyunjin from behind us, but we ignore it.

"Go! Go! Go!" I cry out, looking back at Hyunjin who is running behind us to catch up. "Hurry up! We can make it in less than fifteen seconds!"

Seungmin goes quicker and I let out a squeal of delight. I glance behind us to see Hyunjin almost tripping over a rock, watching him stumble, I snicker and look back forward.

"Yes!" Seungmin and I cheer when we get to the edge of the water. I hop down from Seungmin's back and do a victory dance.

"How many seconds?" Seungmin asks excitedly as Hyunjin falls in step next to us.

Okay, I was expecting a ― I don't know ― twelve second-thirteen time but never was I expecting twenty-five.

"What!?" Seungmin and I chorus in disbelief, "that's impossible!"

Hyunjin looks at the both of us with a smirk, "well, that's the hurtful truth, isn't it?"

Seungmin grumbles as Hyunjin happily pass him the phone, telling the boy it's his turn now. The boy with red hair takes it and the first thing he does is check his reflection on the screen. Rolling my eyes, I hop on Hyunjin's back and sigh.