35 | butterflies

Christmas ended like a dream

Christmas ended like a dream. Presents from friends and family are piled neatly on my bed. They're not as extravagant as the ones I'd get when I was younger, but they're there and the same amount of gratefulness is still radiating off of me.

Jeongin is still out with the rest of the boys for the Christmas schedule Seungmin mentioned last night, and is meant to arrive back home very soon. He went this morning after breakfast when the van outside honked and should be here in any minute.

I'm in the kitchen when I hear a chorus of knocks in a rhythm. Knowing who it is, I place a bright smile on my face and skip to the door, ready to greet Jeongin with the warmest hug I could give him.

But instead of one Jeongin, I am met by nine boys, mouths spread into a wide boyish grin.

"You're not Jeongin," is the first thing I say.

"Merry Christmas!" Chan cheers before following Jeongin inside the house, chanting the two words over and over again with the younger.

The rest of us watch both the youngest and the oldest live their lives, dancing around the living room with carols singing softly in the background―a major contrast to their high-pitched, screeching voices.

"That's Chan hyung for you, then," Jisung states before stepping inside the house once I made way for the rest of the boys. Regardless of what he said, the boy joined the other two in singing carols on the top of their lungs.

Typical.

The other five look frozen in front of my door, hesitating whether to walk in or not. They give each other glances, making me almost chuckle in amusement.

"I mean, if you want to stay out then it's completely your choice," I tell them, raising my left eyebrow, "but you could freeze to death so I wouldn't recommend."

"Who said we were interested?" Changbin scoffs and struts in, not forgetting to drag Felix along with him.

And no, no I didn't miss it. I could see how Changbin clasped his hand tightly around the younger's, making me smirk and turn to look at Minho. "So, are they...?"

Minho shrugs, "don't know." He then grins, "but then again, they've been exceptionally close these days, so it'd be no surprise."

When Seungmin steps inside, he stops right in front of me. "Want some tea?" he asks.

"Spill."

"I've caught them making out a few times," he whispers. My eyes grow wide, and just as I am about to squeal, Seungmin claps his hand over my mouth. "Apparently they're trying to keep it lowkey but as you can see ..."

"... they're failing miserably," we say together at the same time, making us both giggle and Seungmin gives me a last pat on the back before strolling into the kitchen, probably to munch on some food―chicken most likely.