10 | unsee things

I wish I could unsee things

I wish I could unsee things. Sometimes, I don't need to know they're there. I don't like pretending, that's why, if I could have any superpower in the world it would be to be able to unsee things.

Minjee had gone with Jisung to the shopping centre to buy new stationery, meaning I have to face what I have to face by myself. Nobody is here to back me up. But then again, even if they are here, they would go into a fangirling-fanboying mode. That wouldn't be much of a help.

Please help me unsee the two figures dressed in yellow blazers at the front of our school gates.

"Yuri!" I hear Hyunjin's familiar voice shout in the distance. I curse under my breath ― damn it.

Hyunjin drags ― from what it looks like Changbin ― along with him with a wide grin spread across his face. Poor Changbin, looking like a small bean compared to the electricity pole he calls a friend.

Scratch the part where I said I wish I could unsee things. Now, I wish my superpower was to be invisible. Yeah I get it, it's too mainstream and what not but in an emergency situation such as this, you can't help but wish you could be like that guy in Roald Dahl's the BFG story where when he presses his belly button, he'd disappear.

Hyunjin greets me with a small wave, while Changbin doesn't look one tiny bit bothered. The boy just sends me a look of acknowledgement and returns to bicker with this person on the phone he calls 'Felix'.

"Good afternoon my favourite girl from the past couple of weeks!" Hyunjin says in a sing-song voice, draping an arm over my shoulders. "Are you ready for the final fixture selections?"

Changbin doesn't do a thing when I sent him an alarmed look. Instead, I see a small smirk tugging at his lips and if looks could kill, Changbin would've already been six feet under by now.

"Why are you guys here?" I ask them, carefully picking Hyunjin's arm off from me. "I don't need any of you guys."

"Yeouch, that's a bit harsh," Changbin comments, snickering at his friend's change of expression. "But apparently, Jinnie here would love to –"

"Shut up," the other boy grumbles. His foot tries to kick the other's lightly but Changbin dodges it, snickering in delight.

"Changbinnie hyung agreed to come with us to the pool," Hyunjin tells me once we're on our way.

"I did no ―"

"He's going to be cheering on for us," Hyunjin cuts him off, giving Changbin a look saying to shut up.

Biting my bottom lip, I let Hyunjin and Changbin loop their arms around each of mine as we wait for the bus to take us to the swimming pool. They talk about what happened at their school - which is mostly about food and what they're going to eat for dinner later on.

Me? I'm squished in between them in the most awkward way possible.

Hyunjin, he's like an electricity pole on a whole other level. I'm not saying that I'm super short or anything (I'm average I guess) but it's his fault for being so tall I have to crane my neck just to see his face. Changbin is on my other side and clutching my arm tightly. He whines about how people in his life had found entertainment in annoying him and that I was his only way out of it.