Chapter 4

CH4

(Adela)
Trembling, I neared the place. Despite my mind was screaming that I'd land myself in some deep shit, I kept going, untill I saw some tents. I hid myself behind a tent, to get a look at what the hell's happening. I gasped, as I saw eight men, surrounding a cage, with an animal in it. A bear? So, I raised myself on my tippy toes, to get a better look.

It's a wolf!

A huge wolf... bigger than a bear... gigantic.

It's fur was a dangerous, yet a beautiful black color. It tried to break free, as angry growls escaped it's mouth.  The men mercilessly laughed, as it tried to break free.

"C'mon, Pete! just shut this thing up", on of the men said. 'Pete' shot a dart at the marvellous and angry wolf.

"Shall keep it out, for another thirty minutes."

My heart swelled for the now unconscious wolf. I dunno why, but i simply wanted to help it.

And I am going to.

I looked around, and finally found a huge pot, placed over the campfire. Their food. I took out from my bag, some sleeping pills. Bryce Leech, a senior had 'asked'me to keep these for him, because according to him, I'm the 'innocent' one, and the teachers won't suspect.

Making sure nobody noticed me, and emptied all the contents of the bottle, in it. Those were about twenty tablets. i hid behind some bushes, and waited. The wolf was already gaining back, it's consciousness.

"c'mon Mike. Pete. Bring the chicken soup!"

The pigs greedily had the soup. The wolf was already awake from the past few minutes, and was growling. Just a few minutes more, Mr. Wolfie.

Two minutes.

Thirty seconds.

Ten seconds.

FIVe

Four

Before I could count further, the men started to faint, one by one.The wolf had stopped growling, and was curiously looking at the men. The forest seemed dead silent, with almost an hour, left to sunset. I trie d to step out, but before I quietly could, a twig snapped under my foot, making the wolf angrily growl in my direction.

I stepped out of the bushes.

The wolf stopped growling, and simply sat down, staring at me.

"Hey!", I said, taking cautious steps, towards it. I stopped a metre away from the cage, and looked at the wolf, whose eyes had never left mine.

"I am not here to harm you", I said loudly.

"Do you understand?"

He nodded

Wait...

He nodded! He understood?!

"Y-You understood?"

He nodded again.

"So... I'll free you. You won't attack me?"

He shook his head.

Wow, creepy.

He was scary. Huge and scary. But those eyes... they were beautiful. My mind screamed me to stop. That I should run away. That I'm inviting my own death. But I want his freedom.
The men shall harm him. Kill him, even.

Holding a rock in my hand, I headed towards the cage's door. The rock was pretty heavy, but I managed to pick it up. The lock was difficult to break, but i broke it.