Chapter 12

CH 12

An Abner Roth in a pair of boxers, had broken in.

I immidiately screamed but he covered my mouth, as water soaked us both. I was naked, for God's sake.

"H-How did you enter? I had locked-"

"I have the keys", he said in a monotone.

I made a futile attempt to cover myself, but he grabbed both of my hands and pinned them to my sides.

"Abner", I said uncomfortably, "Lola's waiting for you."

He stared at my face for a few seconds and then looked into my eyes. "Are you jealous?", he asked.

"No." Am I?

"Abner, please leave. I have to go for shopping with Edna and Tina. They'll be here in twenty minutes", I breathed out, "I need to get dressed up."

For a minute, we both stood under the shower. Wet, dripping. "Get dressed. I'll be waiting outside."

He kissed my cheek softly and went out. By the time I had managed to wrap the towel, he came in and handed me a cream-colored sundress, with a cute floral print.

"Uh... panties?", I innocently asked. He rolled his eyes and a minute later, I was given a lacey pair of lingerie. I gasped, which caused the corners of his lips to twitch ever so slightly. He then closed the door,and went outside.

I had just wrn my undergarments when, "Abner why are you making me wait?", came Lola's impatient whine from outside. Wow. Great.

So... I've got a plan.

Change.

Run.

Don't look back.

I took the final blessings of Usain Bolt and bolted out. But there's something I had guessed, but chosen not to believe.

Lola Starr is a werewolf.

"Who is this jerk to you, baby?", she asked.
My back towards them, I stood still, because for some crazy, unknown reason, even I wanted to know.

All Lola and I got was silence. I turned around with a frown, to see a smirking Whora Starr.

"Of course she can't be anything to him", she muttered to herself, as she walked ouside. Not so gently, she 'accidently' bumped her shoulder into mine. Being a frail human, I fell, and cried out in pain when my injured knee crashed hard on the floor.

I don't know if it was the pain or Abner's silence or the relevation that he had helped my bullies, but my whole body started to shake with uncontrollable sobs. I felt a pair of hands trying to make me stand up.

"Don't you dare to touch me!", I cried out, "Go and fuck your girl."

"It's not like that, Adela", he said softly.

I was sobbing loudly and was so much in pain that I barely heard what he said next.
But I started to cry even more loudly with whatever I heard. "I... shower... Lola... not... know... ."
So the only logical sentence I could form was, 'I was taking a shower with Lola and you were not supposed to know.'

Before them, their voices came. "I know we were supposed to be here twenty minutes back but Edna's car-"

"What the hell?!", Edna shouted at nobody, as she helped me get up from the ground and seated me on the bed.

"You!", Tina went over to his younger sibling, "what the hell did you do now?"

"Let's go for shopping, okay? We'll discuss everything there", said Edna.
I barely could hear Tina lecturing Abner, who was standing like some statue.

I was too tired and in pain, to go to the mall. In this state, I don't think escaping will be possible. Even if i involve Nisha, she could get hurt, as well.

"I don't wanna go", I mumbled.

"Adela but-"

"No butts. You both go shopping. Someone needs to tell Nisha in person that I'm alive", I said, trying to smile.

So Edna had searched Nisha on instagram and had found that her roomate was a friend of hers and that she had met Nisha in a party. They already know each other. A little.

"Adela c'mon", Tina insisted, "at least tell us what the matter-"

"Luna. That's what you call me, right?", I asked.

Both of them nodded.

"So the Luna commands you to go shopping, and bring for her a pair of blue converse", I said in a rough voice.

Edna groaned, "That's not fair."

"Abuse of power", added Tina. They actually will obey me.

"So if", I asked excitedly, "I ask you to hold him for me", I pointed to Abner, "while I run away, you'll obey me?!"

Abner let out a feral growl, which eaarned him a glare from Tina. "Well you are the luna, for sure, but the Alpha's command is the supereme."

I watched quietly as Edna and Tina left-both giving me small, reassuring smiles.

Abner was going to leave, but I called out to him, "Abner, wait."

I sighed, and continued as he turned around. "You claim me as yours, keep me here. Now... i'm nothing?"

"Adela-"

"Shush", I silenced him, "Abner. It doesn't matter. my mom died giving birth to me. I killed her. My dad abandoned us as well. My life has always been a wreck, Abner."

"Adela-"

"You always keep cutting me, Abner. Lemme speak. I know I hate you, but a little voice at the back of my hea thought at least someone wanted my company so bad, that maybe you cared", I said, getting up from the bed to face him.

"I'm sorr-"

"Sorry?", I let out a humorless chuckle. "Thanks, Abner. For showing me my place. It's just that-"

"Abner!"

"Oh. Guess your girl's waiting; please leave. I need some time alone, as well."

"Adela", he said my name with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Abner", I calmly said as I ushered him outside and the shut the door on his face.

Hello everyone! I usually don't do author's notes at the end of the chapter, BUT TODAY IS SPECIAL!
It's July 10, 2018 and my little baby is 50 days old! These fifty days have been awesome due to your support. Thankyou so much for reading my story, and voting. I hope the graph continues to rise

Love
pelly_blue

XOXO