Chapter 5

CH5

I woke up to the extremely annoying sound of my alarm clock. Sleeping had been a difficult task, for those poachers just sprang up in my dreams, whwnever I tried to sleep. What if anyone of them was not properly drugged? What if they had seen me?
And that wolf... it still seems difficult to believe that he actually didn't attack me.

And finally... Abner. Yes he had a body that could bring most of the female population down to their knees.

But let me quote my elder sister Sandra, "You, my sis- are an eccentric specimen." So, taking into account, my so called 'eccentricness', I found this muscular, green-eyed guy, scary.

Well, sort of.

I asked Mrs. Olive, our neighbour, who works in a nearby dress store, to drop me to the school. I took a last look at the mirror, as I heard Mrs. Olive's car honk outside. My white tee, with an Eiffel tower, paired with light blue jeans, black loafers.

***

I rushed towards my locker, to shove my books in it. I gasped, as I saw my oversized ochre shorts, ironed, and placed in it. Abner. I had given him these.

He surely does not study here, for hr probably looked like24 or 25 years old. Most importantly- how did he get the code to my locker?

I examined my now clean and ironed shorts. Yet, still torn from the sides; of course I cannot wear them now. I examined the left pocket, that was sort of heavy, only to find a beautiful blue pouch in it. I turned it upside down, and found a beautiful charm bracelet inside, With my finger, I traced the moon charm. Silver, simple and beautiful.

Is this for me?', I thought. As if to answer this, my eye caught a small slip of paper, sticking it's head out of the pouch.

'Wear it', it read.

"Boo!"
I turned, to find Nish leaning against the adjoining locker. Her eyes landed on the pouch, and the bracelet on my palm.
"Omigod, Adela! Where did you get this from?!"

I told her how my tyres were slashed, and I took the forest route. I skipped the wolf part entirely, and continued how I found a weird guy by the name Abner, and lent him my shorts, which now are in my locker.

"Uh... anything is missing from your locker?"

"Seriously? After I told you all of this, this is what you ask? And no... nothing is missing from the locker."

"Ohkayy ", she paused, "wear it!"

"Should I? No, I shouldn't."

"Maybe it's his way of saying thanks. Just wear it."

" Okay."

I slid on the bracelet, and it fit perfectly.

"It looks so good on you! This sunday, I'm also going to the forest. Maybe I'll find his naked cousin, who'll give me a similar one."

We both laughed, and headed towards our english class, discussing the essay, that's due the next week. Without looking, I sat down. Something's wet.
Shit!

I immidiately got up, to find ketchup spilled underneath me.

"Oiyee! Fiona's got her period. Call your Shrek, loser", shouted Miriam, one of Lola's minions. I rran outside with Nisha following closely behind, to cover up my behind.

"Wait here, your back facing the wall", said Nisha, as she left me crying in the girl's washroom. Five minutes she returned with Nora, a senior thrice my size, carrying a pair of shorts.
"Wear these", said Nora giving me a symathetic look, "I always have an extra pair, in my locker."

Since Nora has a small height, and thick legs, these shorts were just a bit longer than mid thigh, and extremely loose- to a point that I had to check my white belt after every ten minutes, afraid that they may slide off.

"Almost everyone had gone to their class", explained Nisha on our way back to English, "she was the only one I found."

"It doesn't matter, Nisha. Thanks for helping me."

We entered the class, just a second after Miss Honey, who just motioned us to take our seats. Of course my chair was clean now. My 'kind' classmates obviously erase every proof against Lola and her minions.

*****

(the next day)

We were walking towards our third class, History, when Nisha asked, "Do you know who is coming for the inspection today?!" Every once in six months or so, the trustees who fund the institution conduct this inspection.

"The usual", I answered, "they'll send some employees of theirs, to see that the funds are being properly utilized."

"Yes, and this year they'll be accompanied by Mr. Roth!"

"You mean the richest man in the owner of the only mall and the biggest hotel of the town?"

"Yup. He's personally going to come for the inspection."

"Inspection?"

"He's a trustee as well", Nisha said in a 'duh'tone.

"Oh now i remember. But he never comes himself. Last year he sent his mana-"

"Adela!", screamed Nisha, as she helped me get up.

I heard a faint 'loser', as i saw the retreaing back of Lola Starr. Guess she 'accidently' spilled some of her sunscreen on the floor.

"Let's take you to the nurse.

"Oh no. I'm good"

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND SHARE