Chapter 10

Ch 10

"...and then when Clovis found out that Tina's a wolf, he actually ran throughout the highway, screaming like a maniac", said Adrian which earned him a smack on th head by Tina.

So I found out that this four-storeyed house is full of crazy and funny people with a single exception, of course. The three guys who had earlier accompanied Oswin are Tina's mate Clovis who is an year younger than her and a human, and Adrian and Barney who are still searching for their mates.

"So Adela", asked Adrian, "You've got any siblings?"

"Hmn. An elder sister, Sandra. She's twenty- twenty-four, and works as a receptionist at a hotel in NY."

"Your parents?"

"Uh... my mom's dead and my dad... I don't-"

"Just drop it, Luna.", said Barney.

"For the hundreth time I'm telling you- don't call me that!"

"My apologies, luna."

"It's fi- wait... DON'T CALL ME THAT!"

Everybody laughed,as Edna served the ice cream. Abner did not attend the dinner; not that I am sad, I'm actually relieved.

This place, these people are wonderful. Initially, I swear I was scared of the mere idea of a place full of wolves, but no- these people are good. Better than humans.
Better than those who bullied me. Better than those, who called me names, and made my life miserable.

But I think can't stay here. With Abner? Especially not.

so I see that he has anger issues, which means that shouting at him will definately not help.

Let's try the peaceful way, then.

"Oh Adrian?", I asked Adrian, who was playing scrabble with Edna.

"Yeah?", both of them looked up.
"Umm... can you tell me where the mons- uh, Abner is?"

Edna chuckled, and Adrian answered, "I think he might be busy now."

"But it's important."

"Still you need to wait. He's on the fourth floor. Nobody's allowed to go in there."

"Fine."

So I waited for an hour, and another.

And another.

So after three hours and half- past one in the morning, I decided that I will go to the 'forbidden' fourth floor.

Unlike rest of the house, this floor did not look that maintained. the walls were bare, and none of the doors had any names on them.

I heard some noises from the fifth door towards left, and followed. I slightly opened the door to find Abner agressively hitting a punching bag- all sweaty and only in a pair of trousers.
He stopped for barely a second but then continued, completely ignoring me.

"Mr. Roth?"

No response.

"Mr. Alpha?"

No response.

"Uh... Alpha Roth?"

No response.

Meanie.

I went directly behind his shoulder and tapped, saying, "Abner please listen."

He turned around, never taking down his guard. "What?", he plainly asked.

"We need to talk."

"Why are you still up, Adela?", he asked, taking off his gloves.

"Because I want to talk to you."

"Come", he said, taking my hand and leading us towards another room, that looked like an office.

"Sit", he commanded.

"Mr. Roth, I-"

"Abner. Call me Abner."

"Oh. Okay. Abner, I need to go back."

"No."

"But-"

"You're not going anywhere."

"Will you listen?"

"Spit it out."

"Abner, Edna and Tina explained. I know you cannot let me go, but I have a life outside this house. There's college and Nisha-"

"Of course you can meet your friend, as long as you keep your mouth shut. And college... uh... we shall see about it."

"What?!"

"Yes. Inform your sister and best friend that you're moving in, Adela Marie Shepard."

"But Abner-"

"Listen, Adela. I'm the alpha here you need to show respect and obey-"

Suddenly, a completely blank expression came across his face. So this is the mind- link thing Adrian was telling about.

"Sit here", he politely said, kissing my cheek and went out.

I sat quietly for a few minutes, and then, there were growls.

And breaking.

And screams.

I went downstairs, to see that none of the members of the house had come out. Seriously?! Didn't they hear?

Although I had been asked to stay, but the screams...

I went outside, making sure I don't make even the tiniest sound. And I hope Abner won't smell me out.
I went out to the backyard, careful not even to make even the least bit of sound.
Thick fog filled the backyard, making me shiver. This is the thing about our little town; though the days are of perfect sunshine- hot even, the nights are cold and foggy.

Finally, I could hear them.

"You- smack smack- how dare you?!", Abner was screaming furiously.

"Alph-h-ha... I... al-al-alph-alpha forgive- aah!"

Suddenly, an arm came from nowhere. Too scared to even scream, my feet somehow dragged me towards the direction. A small greenhouse came into view.
I hid behind the trunk of the apple tree, watching from a distance, mortified.
Abner's face, chest and hands were covered in blood and was fuming with anger. A guy probably in his twenties, was lying at his feet, his one arm missing. I couldn't make out if his hair were black or brown or red- he was so much covered in blood.

He again let out a scream, as Abner punched him in the gut. He again begged him to stop but Abner held his leg and a second later, it went flying in the air, as well. Hearing his screams, a look of satisfaction came upon the ruthless alpha's face.

"Jake Campbell or informer Jake Bond?", he chuckled at his own joke.

"Alpha f-f-forgive me", he begged.

"As much as I'd like to torture you, the thing is- my little mate is waiting for me inside. Let's just put an end to this."

"No, please... no n-no no Nooo!",

screamed jake, as Abner's head went inside his chest, and seconds later, claws were coming out of his back. He twisted and turned his hand, ripping him inside.

"Luna", came Oswin's shocked voice at a sudde, as he caught me staring.

Abner's hand, still with claws on it, slowly came out of Jake's body, which fell on the muddy ground, with a thud. My hand was clamped over my mouth, as watched him coming forward.

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND SHARE!
XOXO