Chapter 11

CH 11

"Adela", he spoke my name, coming closer. He was about to touch me, when I started to scream. I tried to run away but his arms gripped my waist from both sides, making my light orange shirt crimson, as it soaked with blood.

"Leave me", I struggled against him, "let me go!" I kicked and pushed and punched him, but he enver loosened his grip.

"Killer! You fuckin murderer! Get away! Let go!"

Gripping me by the shoulders, he turned me around.

He just murdered someone.

He's the one covered in blood.

He's the one, who must be ashamed.

Yet, he's the one, with fury in his eyes.

"Let me go!", I punched him again, struggling against his iron grip.

"I told you to wait inside", he said, loosening his grip. I took the chance to dash away and hopefully he did not stop me this time. I ran- as fast as I could, into my bedroom and locked the door.
Crying in a fetal position, I waited for the sleep to come.

***

Seven in the morning, and the nightmare wakes me up again. It's always the same- Abner's black wolf chasing me, his muzzle bloodied. I go into the washroom, and look at myself in the mirror.

My hair look like a nest, my eyes are puffy and sore with dark circles underneath them. Overall, I can classify myself as a zombie- thanks to the now pale skin, of course. Then, my eyes land on my brusied neck and cheek, which have a few bloodstains on them. My shirt is ruined, as well.

Once again I start to shake, as my brain registers that this is human blood. i turn on the shower, furiously rubbing every surface of my body, my hair, trying to exterpate the stench of murder, every piece of dirt on me.

Thanks to Edna, there were a few clothes inside the cupboard. Dressed in a black tanktop and jeans, I was sitting on the bed when there was a knock on the door.

"Adela? Adela are you in?"

"Tina?"

"Please open the door, Adela. We need to talk."

I opened the door for her to enter, and then bolted it shut. She put a tray on the bed.
"I brought you breakfast", she pointed at the glass of juice and the scrambled eggs.

"Thanks", I said. I was really hungry, for I had thrown up most of my food after I had broken free from Abner.

"How come you never heard the screams", I said accusingly after a while.

"Jake", she sighed.

"You did hear."

"He was a traitor. He had promised his loyalty to us if we spared his life. He was a rogue, a lone wolf who was sent a few months back, to kill Abner."

"But he could have punished him some other way-"

"He might have spared him but this time you were the target."

"What?", I asked. Did I hear her correct?

"I know, but yes. Even if you don't accept this, you are his luna and thanks to Jake, now our enemies know it as well. "

"Who are-"

"This crap is just so depressing", she sighed and suddenly, she was smiling. "Ooo I totally forgot!", she exclaimed, "I'm taking you ou today. For shopping!"