Redemption

Chapter 16:  Redemption

Arnav was driving his car furiously and inhaling the sharp breathe to calm down a volcano. Even the cold atmosphere wasn't helping to sooth his pain. Everything is came on light. He was getting angry as the time passes. More than her, he was angry on himself for letting her rule his heart. He was driving in full speed and the same thought is running in his mind. Why her tears, her pain and her grief affecting him? Only her face visible to him. Beyond all the pain she gave, a part of him softening for her. He had an argue with his heart to escort back home and see her if she is okay or not but he couldn't. His heart was restless. He could feel something wrong had happen to her. He bang his fist in the steering. In anger he could destroy anything without thinking a twice. Unable to bear anymore, he came back and parked his car to walked in a slow pace. His tie was loose and his shirt was messy. In a sudden, a voice from behind stopped him.

''Chotte..'' he didn't bother to listen and began marching avoiding her. Once she saw him she started to look behind to find her sister-in-law.

''Where is khushi..?'' He was burning in angry and bang the door ruthlessly hearing her name. Anjali hurriedly chase him behind and rushed in quick step to reach him.

''I need answer of my query..?'' She said pressing each and every word when he didn't care to answer. He look away not in a position to entertain any of her query.

''Could you please excuse me..I had a bad headache'' he said boringly with his finger raking his head in distress. Anjali was trying to hint something. She really hope this won't happen. With a hope she began searching her behind him but she was nowhere around.

Last night she could hear some noises escaping from his room but couldn't able to help that innocent soul..She let the moment pass as she don't want to make the situation more worse knowing her brother attitude henceforth. She had put all the hope in khushi as she is the only person who could handle her short temper brother.. but seems it was indeed backfired. Since morning, khushi is nowhere to be seen that worrying her. She had checked every possible place but there is no sign of khushi. Her mind was hinting in one direction which is the last thing she wanted. She could guess something was terribly wrong between them. Did he do something which he shouldn't? Did he throw her out or ..? No!! She shook her head.

''Where is khushi- chottee..what you did..?'' There was worried expression on her face. He got irritated.

''Stop it di..i don't want to here this name so please don't mock me!'' He tried to walk but she held his hand signaling him to stop.

''Why you punishing her..For god sake tell me where you left her..'' She asked raising her voice.

''Okay if you are really curious then listen I took her to the place where she belong..I locked her in STORE ROOM last night..'' Her eyes welled up seeing the evil side side of her brother.

''How could you do this with her..?'' She snapped with a serene voice.

''Its better you stay out of this..its between me and my wife..no one is allowed to interfere..'' He smacked.

''Do you realize what you have done? For god sake stop all this..[Paused] Do you have any idea what she and her family went through when you disgrace them..how difficult it could be to face all the humiliation when her husband left her on the first day of marriage. Do you? There was pain in her words. Her heart cried for that girl. She continued.

''She had scarifies her studies and future for a man who don't even care if she were alive or die..You could never understand because your eyes were blinded with sameera fake proofs and interpretation..'' Arnav was numb. He don't know what to say or what to think. Their argument came to an halt when they hear shyam shrieking voice . There was worried expression on his face.