Ending or beginning

Epilogue B: Ending or beginning?

''I am sorry Arnavji I should be little sensible..i know you can never cheat me I am so stupid to doubt you..''

''What if its true!'' His throat clenched.
He held her hand and took a sharp breathe.

''If I told you the person whom Lavanya searching day in and night is none other than your husband- That is ME! Then?'' Today he was going to tell her everything.

There was a dread silence after that. He didn't getting proper words to explain. But he need to tell her everything. He cannot keep her in a dark.

''Khushi priya and I..I mean we..'' He sighed as he approached her. He clear his throat before speaking but the look in her eyes was something he never seen. He turn his face to other side not having any courage to see pain in her eyes. It was those eyes that always bring twinkle when she look at him but today it was completely different. On top of that, her tears weakening him and making him culprit.

''Priya and I were studying in college..'' Khushi stare at him but didn't say a word.

''She is a very nice girl and we used to share good rapport in the class. Only girl who understand me well like no one and..'' Khushi raised her hand to close her ear. Arnav turn and pull her hand motioning her to listen first.
''She used to have lot of ambitions in her life but on the other hand, I never take studies seriously. She always scold me to study hard and giving me lectures this and that. Few days passed we are having final exams within a month but then I started to notice some changes in her. Many times i saw her lost somewhere. She is not giving concentration in anything that is rarely happen specially when it concern with studies. I try to ask her and she said its nothing. Even though she took it lightly but i started to sense something definitely bothering her that she was hesitant to share with me. Then one fine day she went missing and stop coming to college. I waited for her many days but she didn't turn up. Even I try to contact in her hostel but didn't get any information. Once her room mate came to me and informed me she shifted to other city because her parents making her marry to a guy next week. Suddenly things started to make sense. I feel suspicious that she was in some kind of big trouble. I wanted to help her as I know how much she was serious about her carrier. Nevertheless she had any plan to marry so soon otherwise she would have share it to me. But I have no idea where her family took her.  Then suddenly one day before exams I got a call from a unknown number. It was from Priya. She was sounding panic and scared. I wanted to ask lot of things but she is not in a state to answer any of my query. With lot of difficulty she told me she ran away from alter. She not wanted to marry that guy, she wanted to study further. They were forcefully making her marry keeping her parents on a gun point. Her mother somehow managed to help her running away from that hell. She was crying bitterly and needed my help urgently. She gave me address from where she was calling.. Hurriedly I took the first flight for Delhi to reach her..'' He close his eyes shut and took a sharp breathe. That was a last day he saw his friend in a normal state. After that incident he lost her. He lost his best friend, sunshine. Arnav wipe the new stream of tears and khushi look into his eyes feeling his pain.

''I try khushi..I try to safeguard her but I failed..'' He paused because next part was the most difficult one.  It was still fresh in his memory. All the pain of his friend came in front of him.

''When I reached that place I saw her in..'' He couldn't complete his sentence.

''She was RAPED!'' Khushi grew horrified hearing that. She came running into his arms, placing her hand on his shoulder because he really need her support to say all this. All these years he hide it from her because he taken promise from priya's mother to never disclose this truth to anyone.