1~ THE ADESANYAS

You better tell Sarah Adesanya to pray for you. If that up there happens to u lol. (don't worry, you will soon understand what I am saying)

"You'd better go to bed. I'm waking you by 12. We are having vigil."

Sarah Adesanya, Tinu's mother said. Tinu mumbled under her breath. "What did you say?" Sarah asked. "I didnt say anything oo" Tinu lied and escaped to her room. Sarah hissed and sat. "If i hear 'fem', you will regret your actions" she warned as Tinu mumbled aloud in her room.

The Adesanyas had not arrived in Raul street from onset. They joined few years ago and their neighbours had become accustomed to their almost nightly prayers.

Sarah Adesanya was a very religious and spiritual woman. She met Abayomi Adesanya at a school and they had clicked off right away. It was love at first sight for them and they both came from poor families. They married and toiled together.

Abayomi had studied to become a Pharmaceutical Engineer and and after going to various companies and enduring various disappointments, he finally hit it big.

There was an occasion where he was called for an interview, Abayomi wore his best shirt and trousers with a tie to match. Sarah had knotted the tie for him in a special way. It was very nice and differently made.

There were lots of applicants but only five were needed. Abayomi was interviewed and found worthy, but a man was there who was keen on getting the best people for the job. He asked Abayomi if he knotted his tie himself.

"Mr Adesanya, we've seen that you are a man worthy of this position." He said. Abayomi smiled, "thank you sir".

The man did not return the smile.

"Well, thats a wonderful style of tie you have on. Did you knot it?"

Abayomi's mind ran a mile. If he said 'no, my wife knotted this', they might think he was not man enough to knot his tie or he was always under his wife's whims but if he said yes, they might respect him.
So he thought.

Abayomi said yes. Sweat had formed on his eyebrow. The man's eyes bore into his. "Really? Can you unknot it and do it again? I wanna see it."
Abayomi started to fidget.

He wished he had said no, now he landed himself in a more complicated trouble. He untied his tie and made a mess of it. He left the company in embarrassment and shame. They never called him back.

Abayomi then vowed to be honest no matter what from that day on.

When Sarah heard what happened, she carried anointing oil and holy water, shouting around the house, "my enemies are at work. Wherever you are in this house, scatter by fire, disappear by fire!!"

Sarah was known never to be permanent in a church. She moved from one church to the other and she was known in any church she went to. In fact, when she left Jehovah is Lord ministries, the pastor visited her and tried to convince her to come back. She complained that the fire in the church was not blazing enough and her husband still loses jobs. When the pastor realised he could not draw her back, he gave up.

"Holy Ghost! Fire them all! All unseen forces! Fire them! Fire them!" Sarah shouted as she poured anointing oil all around the house. "Darling......" Abayomi called, his eyes were hollow and he regretted his actions. Sarah continued her mantra, "fire them! Fire them!"

Abayomi shook his head and went into his room. He knew what happened was not 'enemies work'. It was his fault. If he had said the truth about the tie, they would have probably seen him as a honest fellow and also employ him. Abayomi fell on the bed, almost in tears.

It was that moment Tinu came in. "Daddy, daddy-" Abayomi arose and looked at her, "tinu" he answered. "Daddy, are you okay?" She sat on the bed with him. "Tinu, i'm fine, what's up?"

"Nothing much dad. I just want to remind you that the deadline for the GCE form is tomorrow."

Abayomi sighed and shifted uncomfortably. "How much did you call it again?" He knew the amount. "Ahn ahn, daddy, shebi i told you that it is 15 k" Tinu replied, frowning.

"That your school sef. Nawa oh" Abayomi complained inwardly. He looked down at his feet and sighed, "ok. I've heard you. I will find something." "Thanks dad, love you." "Love you too, Tinu" he replied.
Tinu left the room in a jiffy and abayomi sat there, thinking of what to do.

The big break came two years later after the incident. Sarah was so happy. In church on a sunday, she gave thanksgiving. It was then the pastor told her that the roof of the church at the choir side was leaking. She did not go back to that church. She upgraded herself and started going to another church in a modern part of Lagos.

When they arrived at Raul street a year later, almost everyone knew there was a new neighbour. She sang praises in her high-pitched voice as the movers moved their new furniture inside the house. She kept on saying, "my enemies have been put to shame"

Sarah roused from her bed and started singing "amen, amen, blessings and glory........" She went to Tinu's room and woke her up. It was 12:00 am.

.....
Thanks for staying with me. Means a lot to me